Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm allowed to brag. I'm his wife.

Kent ditched me for the night to work with the kiddos at St.V's children's hospital.  Really, he didn't have much of a choice in the matter but I know he's enjoying himself. 

He's wrapping up his six week peds rotation right now and I think it's going to be really hard on him to switch back to the adults! He is made to work with rugrats.  Even the physician he worked with on his family practice rotation said that he'd never seen another colleague (attendings and residents included) that worked so well with children.  It's kind of funny considering I don't work well with children.  Kent is more patient- more fun- and a whole lot happier about parenting than I usually am. Really, it's unfortunate that Kent can't just birth our children.  He claims he'd do it without an epidural and while I believe he'd be able to do that just fine- I KNOW that he'd be the most annoying and complaining pregnant person ever.  I've at least got that on him.  I know I carry children better than he would :)

I love that kent is loving what's he's doing.  Some of the stories he comes home with are too much for me to handle- but he can do it and he's amazing at it. I'd venture to say that he's going to be the best pediatrician the air force has ever seen :)  Oh- and did I mention that they are in desperate need of pediatricians to work in germany right now?  I told kent to e-mail the air force and tell them we'd be there in four years!  Just hold one of the spots for us, please.

10 comments:

boysmum2 said...

Germany is an awesome place to live. Have visited many times. Really glad he has an area he is pasionate about, lovely area to work in, so rewarding. You have every right to brag, that is what us wives do best

Linz said...

We want to move to Germany too. Probably will just have to vacation there sometime...

Anyway - I am glad that he in loving his work too. That makes all the difference in the world!

Kent and Leisy said...

linz- you can come and stay with us when we live there!

Pat and Brent said...

That would be an awesome place to visit. Kent will be amazing at whatever he choose (moms can brag too.) I think you're probably right about carrying the babies 9 month in utero - most men would not do it well.

Unknown said...

So you are pretty set on pediatrician? Cool! You DO carry children well by the way.

M- your favorite said...

He is amazing! I would for sure come and visit in Germany! I liked this post! He is a great brother, father, husband. You did good!

Cynthia said...

The thought of Kent carrying the babies in pregnancy is too funny. He definitely would complain more than you did if he was pregnant. He would just have to complain once and it would be more than you did. And i doubt he would be doing tae bo pregnant;)

He is definitely going to be an amazing peds doc!

Michelle said...

FOR SURE the best pediatrician EVER!!!!!!! But ... I'm quite positive that Utah needs the best pediatrician ever ... Spanish Fork in particular. :)

Maria said...

I lived in Germany while my dad was in the Army and absolutely Loved it! So if it's still a chance when he gets out definitely jump on it!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Do you know where in Germany. Dave and I are going to Munich.