Sunday, December 6, 2009

wonderful weekend and my first attempts with the fancy shmancy camera!





This weekend has been full of holiday festivities and has been absolutely wonderful.  One of my favorite parts of December is always having something to do or somewhere to be.

I also finally found some time to try out my new camera a little bit. I've got an awful lot to learn and I've been reading all sorts of guides and tips and pointers.   I'm trying to figure out lighting and distance and apertures and isos and settings and all sorts of camera mumbo jumbo (as you can see from my pictures on this post!).  I'm really excited to get picture snapping and blog posting with all of my new tricks. I'll be posting just as often as usual- but my picture quality should be much higher.  Tanner- Rachael- and all you other pros- I am open to LOTS of advice, suggestions, etc.

The weather around here has FINALLY turned COLD and I am so HAPPY.  Decemeber should be chilly. Coats should be worn!  Hot cocoa should be sipped.  Now all we need is SNOW. please.





Today after lunch and quiet time we spent the late afternoon at the Stake center to check out the interfaith nativity festival.  It was AMAZING.  We were going to take a great family picture all dressed up but the kiddos were opposed and I didn't want to put up a fight. So, I made Kent put this on and I snapped a picture.

 They had a room just for little kids.  There were crafts- games- and all sorts of nativities to play in, on, and with.  Zeb and Ike enjoyed themselves thoroughly- even if Zeb's face isn't showing it.  This face is frozen on him for at least ten hours a day.  He really is happy. He just scowls a lot.  My mom says I was born with a scowl.  He must take after me.



Ike was a good little monkey, as usual.  He wasn't good last night, though. He was up A LOT.  I hope it's teething or something.





8 comments:

M- your favorite said...

WOW! you do have a very nice camera! I wish I took more pictures- thinking about that Where is my camera? HUH I think I need to go find it.
Anyways your boys a darling! I miss and love them tons!

dockters said...

I didn't know your camera had already come! Let's go outside and take pics this week...maybe tomorrow even? I love that top pic...very cool! It's so fun having a camera that just snaps, snaps, snaps!!

Michelle said...

Super fabulous pictures ... the clarity and tone of them are awesome ... really can tell a difference. I hope you plan to share some of the tricks/techniques you discover along the way.

What a cool nativity activity place!

Unknown said...

Ask your Uncle Darin for photo tips and tricks. He's the expert.

Pat and Brent said...

Very cute pictures! I'm excited to see more. Zeb's scowling face looks like one of concentration. He's such a smart little guy - very focused! Hope Ike is feeling better.

Cynthia said...

I guess it is finally a perfect December. We got snow, just like you wanted!

boysmum2 said...

Super fab pictures, so cute

Julie Sacks said...

We need to help each other out! I just got a new camera as well. I need a dictionary to go along with the manual just so I know what the they heck they are talking about!