Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a belated Merry Christmas

I think we are finally all recovering from being sick!  The only complaint is that Kent and I still can't taste much so it's no fun to eat anything.  Kent was so excited to go the to  "Happy Rose Buffet" here in Toledo. I hate the place (both chinese food AND buffets are things I try to avoid) but got him a gift certificate for Christmas because I knew he'd love it.

Christmas really was amazing.  So amazing, in fact, that Santa didn't have to spend a single penny on Zeb or Ike because they had so many loving aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins and a Nannie Annie that gave them plenty of gifts.  After a look at the gifts these kids were getting we decided to put away Santa's gifts for Birthdays coming up.

Ike got a busy ball bopper and some much needed socks and clothes.  Thank-you thank-you thank-you.

 This kid took home the cake and ate it too. Zeb was so excited Christmas morning.  He got the mother load of all things on wheels (thanks aunties!) and a new track (thanks gma pat) to use them on.  He has been playing NONstop ever since. Here he is opening the gift he's been asking for for MONTHS.  Thanks auntie metta, he loves the truck so so much.  Just check out that face.

 Little Hanky got his own track and cars to play with as well.  It was so fun to have these cousins playing together.  I think they could pass as brothers, don't you?  This is a picture of the two of them early the morning after Christmas.  They started playing the second they woke up.

The kids were all so excited about their toys that we decided to get them opened and then divert them all to another room so that we (the adults) could all enjoy opening our presents. There are very very few things in life where I prefer order and calm organization. For whatever reason- Christmas morning is one of them.  It turned out very nicely.   Each of us had an orderly pile of presents and we took turns opening them one by one.  Somehow- Laney ALWAYS gets the biggest pile of presents.


Here is Kent in the aftermath.  His ear still hurt from the night before!

  Is there anything better than a living room full of wrapping paper and boxes after Christmas?  We are definitely blessed people.

 After going through all of my pictures I realized that there are NONE of me. I'm sure Laney has some on her camera- but I was enjoying myself too much taking my pics with mine. I spent half of Christmas taking pictures of people's presents!  Here are some of the new dinos.

I did have my own wonderful pile of presents to open, though. The camera was my "big" gift- but Kent knows how much I enjoy unwrapping things so he wrapped up lots of small presents for me to open.  I got floss (who doesn't love cinnamon and mint floss?!), chocolate, shampoo, dumbbells, and lots of gifts from family.

Thanks again, Laney and Taylor.  It was a blast.  Who wouldn't want to spend time with these two?!


4 comments:

Laney said...

man...we are super cool, and dang good company too.

Larry and Cindy said...

It looks like Christmas turned out good for you guys. Where does Laney live? I want to wish you a Merry Christmas (belated) and a super, wonderful and prosperous NEW YEAR!!! I hope Kent's ear is feeling better! Is he on an antibiotic? I sure have missed seeing you guys. We were not able to make it to the Taylor Family Christmas Party this year but it sounds like fun was had by all!!! I guess Uncle Ron is pretty sad, David and Katy took his only Grandkids away for David's schooling. Well, we miss you guys and hope to see you sometime soon. It has been two years since we saw you at the Taylor Family Christmas party 2007 (I think)remember Santa Larry? Hug those cute little boys of yours for me and keep up the good work. By the way Leisy, I also taught early morning seminary but it was at the church not at my house. It was an awesome experience! Love Ya Tons, Aunt Cindy

Unknown said...

Love the dinos! I was super excited when I found them. Glad everyone had a great Christmas. We sure missed you all.(P.S. I secretly think Laney wraps extra gifts for herself so it looks like she has more.)

Delaps said...

Glad to hear that you guys are feeling better. My throat is now sore and I am hoping it doesnt progress. I am sure Ellie will be excited to play with Zeb and Ikes new gifts.