Thursday, January 21, 2010

check out that dirty look.


This kid can give crusties with the best of them.  He's getting funnier and funnier, too.  It's just so amazing to see his vocabulary and grammar improve day after day.

He came running into the front room yesterday, roared, and then flared his fingers at me.  I asked him if he was a Velociraptor and he giggled back, "No, mom! You're so silly. Not a losaraptor,  I'm a Utah Raptor".  One of his books talks about Utah Raptors and their sharp talons.

We were at the grocery store a bit ago and Kent took him to see the lobsters- to which he responded "dad, these lobsters are making me nervous. Let's get out of here".

He officially no longer calls Ike, "Ike".   Just tonight he said- "oh, no!  It's the monster baby! run! hide!"

Whenever I ask him to do anything lately- his response is always, "I'm too busy instead, mom".

And he's pretty on top of the music scene these days.  Every time he hears Poker Face or Bad Romance, he yells- "Mom! It's 'Laney Gaga' singing!!"

Every morning he bids Kent farewell with a plethora of different goodbyes. His list keeps getting longer, too.  "Bye! Adios! Ciao! Da svidanya! Poka! Hasta Luego!" and then he often finishes it off with "go give people shots, kent!"

And just recently he got a toy echo microphone thingy and he jabbers into it ALL DAY LONG.  He'll pop out from behind doors and yell  "It's time for the curtain call!!". We think it may have come from Little Einsteins but we aren't entirely sure.

I LOVE that he speaks.

Kent adds:

I especially love when Ike the monster baby chucks things under the stove and fridge and Zeb screams out, "Oh no! It's gone forever!!"

He really says Tchau and not Ciao. It is the Portuguese goodbye, NOT Italian!

- Kent

8 comments:

Tanner Mills said...

he learned how to give crusties from the best!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you have a little comedian on your hands. My 4 year old is the same way, he keeps me in stitches most days. I'm trying to write the funniest things down so he can look back and see all the personality he had at 4 years old.

M- your favorite said...

OH MAN! That kids is funny! It feels like FOREVER since I last saw him! I can't wait.

I really want to see monster baby! :) Love it!

Cynthia said...

Very cute!! Kids comments can be so funny. My favorite was "kent, go give some shots." that must be something Leisy says.

Laney said...

please get him on video saying Laney Gaga.

Kent and Leisy said...

Cynthia, He started saying it after his seasonal flu shot. I told him we were going to the doctor to get Ike a shot. He thought it was a lot of fun, until he realized he was getting one too. Since that day he thinks all I do, all day long, is give people shots. - Kent

yaya said...

I our house when I was growing up, those looks were called the "hairy eyeball"...he's a natural!

Michelle said...

Hahahaha! I am just in love!