Monday, January 11, 2010

we're back and it's back.

We're back!!

We've returned home from a three day mini excursion.  We took care of some friends' kids while they were away for the weekend and we had a fantastic time.  With the exception of having nine people in sacrament meeting (four of them being wiggly little children)- things went off without a hitch.  I can't wait until my kids are old enough to play games- and help do dishes- and just have conversations with us. And if my kids can be even half as well behaved as these kids were, we'll be in heaven.

We had a lot of fun goofing off, playing the wii, laughing LOTS, staying up late and playing games. Here we are enjoying a game of curses- NOT my favorite game- but I did have fun playing it.  We also taught the kiddos how to play scum.  Did I mention that I can't wait for my rugrats to get older?!

Zeb woke up this morning asking to go back to Mia's house- and then when we went to the gym he asked if we could drive in Mia's car instead of ours.  He's a little disappointed that we're back to normal boring life with just mom and Ike.

And, it's back. my hair has returned.  After I had Ike, it started falling out like CRAZY -way worse than it ever did with zeb.  I was mortified. It was thin and stringy and nast-o.  Plus, it was disgusting to clean up.  The vacuum was always clogged and our bathroom was impossible to ever be totally clean of it.  I thought I'd be bald by year's end. Finally, about three months ago, it stopped falling out and started actually growing back.  Only- look at this.  This picture doesn't even do it justice.



I seriously have little one-two inch hairs poking through my longer hair all over MY ENTIRE HEAD. it looks like I stuck my finger in an electric socket.  Any suggestions?  This is going to take at least another 4-6 months to grow out. I am going to get a haircut this week- and perhaps it will help, but for now it just looks likes there's a rooster on my forehead.

8 comments:

Renae said...

fun weekend! I have lots of hair woes and my hair is now growing back too. It continues to fall out though. I'd say, use some product on it to tame the flyaways til they get longer.
-Scum! I haven't played that in years!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but the hair thing is totally making me laugh.

dockters said...

I hate the hair thing too!!! I have all kinds of short pieces just like you. Not fun.

Kristen said...

oh boy, as unfortunate as that is to have little baby hairs all over your head, I am somewhat relieved to find out that my hair loss is normal! I had heard you lose hair after the baby is born which I never did, that is until the past 2 weeks. Now every time I shampoo my hair I'm losing handfulls at a time! What's worse is I keep finding my stray hairs all over Sawyer, in his diaper and in his mouth. Yuck. Just think, maybe you'll start a new trend. People will be going in to the hairdresser asking for the rooster cut. ;)

Unknown said...

I hate Curses too especially with your Dad. He's ruthless. Ask him sometime about our first game of Curses.

hey, here it's 7 degrees outside and another day of inversion. Good thing I'm headed to NYC today.

M- your favorite said...

At least be greatful it is growing back. I am sorry. That is no fun. But like you said it will grow back in a few months. Just try gel or something to keep it down. :)

camilla hallows said...

Hi Leisy! I love reading your blog and catching up on your cute family. Sadly, I have those too. They're a pain. Wish I had a solution for you!! :)

Amy and Craig said...

mine did the same thing,except occasionally the hairs would be curly!! it was impossible to get them to lie down. even hair gel didn't work. they are finally long enough to be ridiculously short bangs. Not a great look but better than it was previously.