Wednesday, January 13, 2010

do-over?

Don't you ever just wish for a do-over on your day?  that was yesterday- which is why I never posted.  It started out rottenly at 5:30 AM. Both kiddos got up and then seminary was a disaster.  I won't even blame that on my rugrats, though. Those teenagers made me want to scream. I love them and I love seminary- but sometimes they can be OBnoxious.  This morning was MUCH better, however.

Luckily Kent's day was canceled.  He went to school half day and then came home.  The kiddos both took loooong naps and I just sat and read a book while Kent studied. It was a definite needed break and an answer to prayers. There's nothing like reading a good book.

Then- I convinced Kent to go to my "extreme boot camp" class with me at the Y.  I thought for sure he'd be the only guy- but there were three others. Kent offered me a Y membership for Christmas TWO Christmases ago- but I decided not to get it (I was about ready to pop with Ike and didn't think I'd be getting tons of use out of it before warmer weather when I could be outside) until just a few months ago when the cold weather hit and it became too cold to keep running outside.  It's the greatest gift ever.  Free babysitting every day!  Who wouldn't want that?

Yesterday morning was also a little crazy because upon returning from walking group- Zeb had a major meltdown about wanting to stay out and play in the snow. He was crying for his snow pants and begging to ride his bike outside. We went inside and put him to bed instead.

  We'd gone out and played the day before while Ike was sleeping and he was in HEAVEN. He demanded to take his gloves off so he could play with his tractor, though.  We went in shortly thereafter because he said his hands were "so hot".  When he gets really cold he tells me that his fingers and toes are hot.

These pictures are from a few days ago.  Zeb is really such a good little kid- but he definitely has his 2 year old moments.



And here's a delicious new recipe we tried out. One of my goals this year is to try new recipes.  If they turn out tasty I'll be posting them.  If you have any suggestions- send them my way.

Spinach-Tomato Pasta. SO SO SO EASY!!!

We actually halved the sauce recipe (I listed the ingredients halved) and then added marinara sauce to make it  a bit healthier.

4 chicken breasts
1/2-1 box whole grain pasta
1/2- 3/4 c chicken broth
1 tbs garlic
small onion
4oz (half pack) red. fat or no fat cream cheese
bunch of fresh spinach
lots of cherry tomatoes sliced
Marinara Sauce 

Get your pasta boiling.

Cook up frozen chicken breasts in a pan stovetop with garlic and onions.  Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you want.  As they finish up, cut them into pieces and add the chicken broth. Once it's warmed up, add the cream cheese and bring to a simmer.

In a separate pan, saute sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach with a little bit of onion/garlic/olive oil.

Drain pasta and combine ALL ingredients.


7 comments:

Laney said...

that meal looks kind of gross. does it taste like cream cheese? maybe I could use half and half instead?

Kent and Leisy said...

doesn't taste like cream cheese at all- but I bet you could use half and half. and it is very tasty.

Unknown said...

Im trying it

Laney said...

That snow suit is nasty. and kind of funny.

Kent and Leisy said...

is everything on my blog nasty, laney?

Danielle said...

Hey, thats one of mine goals too! Thanks for posting good recipes! I always try them.

yaya said...

I think Zeb looks adorable, and I love the look on his face in the first photo!