Thursday, January 28, 2010

This is why I can never get the house clean!  these rugrats migrate to me when they can tell I'm trying to get something accomplished. Ike LOVES to empty the dishwasher and Zeb loves to make water messes all over the counters.   If I decide to work on another room, they just follow me there too. ahhhh. they make me crazy. 





































Luckily besides making me crazy they also make me smile now and again. 

This is how zeb falls asleep every night.  With one leg up and crossed over the other- and lately with his blanket up over his head.  He also goes to bed by six-thirty almost every night because he's stopped taking naps.  I used to terribly miss the naps but now I think I enjoy having child free evenings with Kent more than I enjoyed a few child free hours during the day.












 
Ike doesn't get any cute pictures today because he was nasty crabby.  We even skipped playgroup because of it.  I'd say it's teething- but that's always my excuse for crabby babies and half of the time no new teeth arrive.

Here's a cell phone pic I sent to Kent so he could get a taste of his unpleasantness.  Anybody want a baby?



13 comments:

Linz said...

Holy cow. That picture of Ike by the dishwasher is PRICELESS!!! So cute!

Andrew gave up naps too, and also goes to bed no later than 7. It's Heaven!! Enjoy!

Amy and Craig said...

We are living the same life with different kids!!! Come to my house if you get bored or whatever! We'll throw the kids in the basement and find something else to do! only a couple hours North!!!

Erin said...

Oh sign me up - I love crabby babies. The madder and louder the better.

Sike.

I enjoy your updates! Zeb's sleeping position is too funny.

Unknown said...

But they are so cute! Hugs and kisses from Taipei!

NA

dockters said...

I can so relate to that top picture! That is exactly my life!

And Max has been so grumpy ALL week! I thought it was teething too and couldn't figure it out. He had a doctor's appt yesterday and come to find out he has a terrible ear infection!?!? These babies need to learn to talk so they can tell us what's going on!

Jason & Shannon said...

Me me me. I love the kitchen picture, especially Ike with the knife in his hand! Hehe.

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh man, it's not his teeth, it's his private parts. Hehehee. Okay I just had to say that because Jack is constantly and innocently saying inappropriate things about his penis or Griff's, for that matter. As a mommy of two boys it's become pretty funny. You're not too easily disturbed. Maybe that's why you got two boys too!

I love seeing how kids fall asleep! It's like they just run until they are completely wiped out. It really makes me wonder how long Zeb kept his hands like that before falling asleep. :)

I miss you and I just love hearing your voice in your post.

Unknown said...

Mmmmhmmm just like those animals who stole my Jennifer.

M- your favorite said...

I DO, I DO! I will take that little "monster baby" any day! Ship him out to me. :)

Zeb's falling asleep is so silly. What a cute boy!

M- your favorite said...

I just noticed that Zeb still has his green blanket. That is so cute!

Jenni said...

Hey, wow, that (the last picture of Ike) is pretty much what Robby has looked like for the past two days. I keep trying to blame it on teething as well.... we'll see....

Susan said...

I feel your pain. Micah is a destroyer too. He opened everyone of our board games and scattered them around our basement when he was supposed to be taking a nap. I didn't even hear him, he must have been in stealth mode.

Zach and Nikky said...

I think it was a bad week for all babies! I love how Zeb falls asleep, so cute!