Wednesday, January 27, 2010

what a splendid day.

There are VERY few things in life that make me happier than saving money.  And today we saved a bundle. $168.46 to be exact. With parts- diagnostic- and labor, the dryer repair was going to cost 200 dollars.
I'd been shopping around for the dryer part we needed and was pretty discouraged that we were going to have to shell out ninety bucks for the element.  And then I found appliancezone.com.  $24.59 plus $5.95 shipping. I ordered it yesterday at noon and it showed up on our doorstep today at two!  that's crazy fast.  I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about appliancezone.  Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.
I have even more amazing things to say about Kent. He had the old one out and the new one in place in a matter of minutes.  Our dryer works again for a mere (comparatively) thirty bucks. Our clothes and towels are back to being soft and fluffy and that's worth celebrating. If anybody's dryer goes out- just call us. Kent says maybe he should have gone into dryer repair.


And also today Ike found a new love. Ketchup.  Although I can't blame him- I love it too. The kid somehow managed to get a hold of a little cup of ketchup while we were playing with friends at the new mcdonald's kids zone today.  He's in to everything. He's the destroyer. 


9 comments:

shannon said...

Where is the new McDonalds play zone at??

Jessica said...

That's an amazing deal you got, way to go!
My kids are big into Ranch dressing not so much the ketchup.

Linz said...

Yea for a fixed dryer!!! And that picture of Ike is SO cute!!!

M- your favorite said...

I laughed out loud when I saw Ike- That is funny!

Way to go Kent- just another thing that shows how AMAZING you are.

Jason & Shannon said...

How cute! What a funny baby!

Philip Oswald said...

Kent, You make a Father-in-law proud!

Michelle said...

Huh?!? Kent? I guess you DO have your dad's genes ... and he's usually our fix-it man. Granted - we have James boy ... so, we are always taken care of. :) Poor Tyler -- he tries his darndest, but ends up making us spend more money in the long run due to his "fix-it-up-ed-ness". haha. Way-ta-go ... you the man!

I. LOVE. THE. DESTROYER!!!!!!!!!!

Kent and Leisy said...

shannon- the new play zone is on airport!

Jeni said...

So, are the coils on the back of the dryer? I'm putting that on my Ike's Honey-Do list.