Friday, January 15, 2010

 Lately, I feel like I have NO time to blog!  I've been reading more than usual and I think that's taking up more of my "down" time.  Yesterday I taught seminary, finished a long book, worked out, went to gymnastics for Zeb and Ike, cleaned the house, made dinner, and then went to cooking group.  It was a crazy great day and I took NO pictures.  Taking pictures has become more difficult for me because I have my nice camera and I don't want to to take it everywhere with me- but my old camera is somewhat temperamental (and the pictures look so bad to me now!) that I just don't use it much. I'm a picture snob.

Our cooking group topic was soups and stews.  I love soups and stews but I think I've taken every one of my soups and stew recipes for other topics.  So, last night I decided to branch out.  I am a sucker for sweets and am always disappointed if there isn't anything sugary at cooking group.  I decided to do a dessert soup!  I thought it turned out deliciously!

Chilled Berry Soup.  I read lots of different recipes and then melded them together to create this one.  Everything can be increased or decreased to find desired level of sweetness and consistency.

3 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
1 c frozen unsweetened raspberries
1 container plain (or vanilla or fruity) ff yogurt
1/4-1/3 c sugar (to taste)
1/3 cup orange juice (can be increased/decreased to taste)
a little bit of sour cream.  mmmmm!!
dash of cardamom (or ginger or Cinnamon since I don't have cardamom)
diced sour cream pound cake (bundt cake or pudding cake or whatever you call it)

liquefy in the blender and serve chilled.  It can be frozen and re liquefied- but it needs to be a little warmer to make soupy.  Top with pound cake croutons!! 





3 comments:

Jessica said...

That berry soup looks so good, that might be one I have to try!

Michelle said...

Mmmmmm. In our Orem ward - we would be treated with a similar fruit soup at the adult dinners. It really is heavenly. Thanks for a recipe. And putting pound cake croutons in it sounds super delicious!

Susan said...

Yumm-o! I've had chilled soup before and they are good. This one looks especially delicious.