Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I think I got frostbite on my ears today (and other complaints)

Okay- so it wasn't that bad -but it's pretty cold here right now.  Ike and Zeb were both a little grumpy about it.  Every time we stepped out of the house today Zeb would scream at the wind to go away and then beg me for his "glubs" to keep his hands warm.  He really really doesn't like wind.  And poor Ike.  The kid better figure out how to breathe with wind blowing in his face or he isn't going to make it in life. And I just want snow if it's going to be this cold.  All of the snow melted over the weekend and now Toledo looks like muddy gray march but feels like bitter cold January.

And check out my clothes.  I know I'm doing something wrong here. There's got to be some way to make my clothes soft and fluffy even if we air dry them. Somehow I did it in Russia. Kent made it happen in Brazil!  What can we do?! 

 Our dryer decided to stop drying this weekend and now we are stuck with sandpaper rough clothes because we are just hang drying them over kitchen chairs!  The towel I used after my shower today nearly grated my skin! It was absolutely terrible.
Luckily we figured out what was wrong with the dryer (who knew I married a handyman?!).  Kent took off the back and figured out that it's just our heating element.  We ordered a new part and should have it here within a week. Let's just hope we can follow the instructions on "dave's appliance repair.com" and get it fixed properly :)  Anybody out there replaced a dryer's heating element before and have words of advice?  Wish us luck.

6 comments:

Laney said...

remember how on your mission you probably used that liquid fabric softener in the wash? That's what we did and our clothes were never crusty.

Susan said...

Kenny's a real handyman, I'll ask him about the heating element. Kudos to you for even running in the cold weather. I pretty much come to a standstill once snow and wind come.

Kent and Leisy said...

Remember how on our missions we used clotheslines, the sun, and the wind??
Maybe in Russia not so much the sun... but at least a clothesline.
-Kent

Renae said...

Use our dryer, please!

dockters said...

ummmm...use our dryer too! I can't believe I didn't know about your dryer! Just come over!

Amy and Craig said...

We just had to buy a new dryer b/c our house has a gas hook-up. If you need an electric dryer, let me know, we'll hook you up!! ha ha!!!