Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the arsty leisy

So, my friend asked me awhile back if I'd come over to her place and let her take pictures of me to try some lighting tricks on my face.  I'll be honest- I was mortified and it definitely caught me off guard. It was waaaay out of my comfort zone- but I agreed anyway. I'm a believer that when you do things outside of your comfort zone or comfort levels- it makes you grow.  Plus- I'm looking for some personal growth so I thought it would be a good thing for me. I don't think that I'm ugly- and I'm not super self conscious about the way that I look- but I certainly don't like staring at pictures of myself or having pictures taken of just me.
Luckily Cassidy is pretty darn talented and gave me plenty of props so that I don't feel like the pictures are really me.  The last one she wanted to me to look like some scary russian "mobista".  I think that I pulled it off. The shot even creeps me out a little.  Thanks for the photo shoot, cassidy! Now next time somebody asks if they can take pictures of me I won't feel so awkward (I wish there was a sarcasm font- because I would have used it for that last sentence). 
Plus- now I can post something on here that isn't about my kids.  I try my hardest to not make my blog 100% kiddos- but they run my life and I don't do much else so it can be difficult.


So, here you go. Just a few of them. No laughing. No mean comments. It's taking a lot of guts to post these pictures.

 
 
this is the super creepy one.
 


15 comments:

Jessica said...

Those are really artsy and very cool! Way to step out of your comfort zone, trust me I know that's not easy.

brittani c. said...

It's about time you had a post all about yourself! I think Cassidy got the Russian mobista look spot on. You should do more modeling gigs. :)

boysmum2 said...

Artsy awesome, well done

Unknown said...

very cool! and very brave of you to go outside your comfort zone. I really like the first one and I like the fourth one that Cassidy posted on her page.

yaya said...

You look amazing.. Look at those cheek bones girl!! I love all the posts of the boys, but I really think you deserve a "just you" moment! Now, can I have just a little of that bone structure???

Maria said...

My favorite is the one with the shawl thing (I don't know what they're called) around you in the middle of Cassidy's post!

Laney said...

kinda weird.

Philip Oswald said...

OK, I like the top one the best. The third one is a close 2nd. The second is ok. The bottom looks like a poor mug shot.

Lyndsay said...

Super artsy, and super cool. Cassidy has an eye for this!

CLAIR and METTA SEMRAD said...

lets call tyra .. ANTM here you come!!

Michelle said...

You are beautiful, Leisy!!

Delaps said...

Amazing cheek bones Leisy! I wouldn't want to meet up with you in a dark alley especially while you are wearing fur!

Cassidy said...

What you don't know is that she is wearing shiny gold stretch pants and stiletto heels. Definitely mafia garb.

tiffany said...

you are so beautiful this are wonderful pictures

Kristen said...

Stunning photos! No wonder she asked to take pics of you with cheekbones like yours! I'm envious. At first when you wrote she asked to take your photo because of the lines in your face, I thought you meant wrinkles and I thought that's not very nice! But now I get it....lines as in angles. You look amazing! The third one is my fav.