Saturday, May 15, 2010

what a splendid saturday.

 Have I mentioned that I love this place in May? It's beautiful.  I was meant to live in Ohio.  
Today was such a perfect day.  The most fabulous weather, lots of fun, and the best company.
We started the day with a trip to the zoo. At seven AM.  We checked out a bunch of the animals- and then ran one my favorite toledo races- The Dart Frog Dash. It's our third time running it.  I don't know how I've been so lucky to have Kent able run it with me every year thus far!

I forgot my camera so this is a cell pic that kent took. Despite the fact that zeb kept yelling at us to run faster through the whole race and that Ike kept chucking things out of the stroller - it was my fastest stroller 5K to date!  Kent did help me push up the final big hill so that we could keep our pace :)
Late this afternoon we decided to go and enjoy the weather outdoors a little more. I found a fabulous new place (this city is FULL of hidden treasures) called the W.W. Knight Nature Preserve.  They've got a little library, a big kids room where you can play with LIVE tadpoles!, and a great nature/board walk.
The kiddos loved checking out the pond.  I thought FOR SURE that Ike was going to jump in. The kid has no fear.  He was making me crazy.
I just can't believe how many parks and nature preserves and trails that Toledo has to offer. 
Kent tried to teach Ike how to blow on the dandelions- but the monkey has only managed to grasp the idea of eating them. Can you imagine anything worse than all of that fluff in your mouth?!  Blech.
To finish off our night we went to Bass Pro shops. I can't believe in the three years that we've been in Toledo that this was our first time going. It's just like Cabela's basically. I feel like this place was a little bigger and had zillions more dead animals.  The kids LOVED it.  Zeb cried as we left; "I just want to see more big animals, pleeeease!!".  We stopped by the little cafe inside for treats. The boys shared an ice cream cone and I got fudge. I have a ridiculous love for fudge.  Here's another phone shot of Zeb and me. 
I LOVE great weekends with Kent. He starts Ob/Gyn on Monday and I'm sure his schedule will be a tad (A TON!) crazier then psych was the past six weeks.

5 comments:

yaya said...

I'm really glad you love Ohio..and if anyone would ever say that Toledo was wonderful we would all just shake our heads! You guys have really found the beauty in that area, now come on down and see Mohican State forest...I think you would like it! The boys are getting so big and it looked like a great weekend for you all!

Michelle said...

Love Ike's shirt! haha! Totally him.

Looks like a great weekend you guys. I'm glad you get some fun family time together.

M- your favorite said...

Super glad you had some time together before Kent starts a new crazy schedule. Can't wait for you to come out. Sure do miss you guys!

Pat and Brent said...

What a great weekend. I bet any place you lived would be perfect because you're so good to find all the right spots. That Ike is a cute little monster; I can just see him chucking things out of the stroller when you're trying to go fast. And Zeb seems so grown up. Can't wait to see all of you.

Phil and Amanda said...

What a busy weekend...but sooo fun! Your boys are lucky to go on so many adventures with you guys!

I hope Kent enjoys the Ob/Gyn next week. Ew. ;-)