Thursday, May 20, 2010

I like when Kent gets all of his worst shifts over with at the beginning of a rotation because then things just get easier.  It's great when things start hard and then move to easy.

He had late call last night and he has all night call tonight- and then a three day weekend!  Let's hope he gets some sleep at the hospital tonight so tomorrow day isn't spent sleeping.

Here are some goofy pictures of Ike and Zeb.  This is what our days are full of.  Funny looks, eating toys, and standing around.

Ike still carries things around in his mouth all the time. And he's still never swallowed anything.  He did come out from his room the other day with puffy cheeks, though. I put my hand under his mouth and told him to spit.  Out came SEVEN hungry hungry hippo balls.  Really.


Ignore the gunk all over his face that makes him look like a ragamuffin.  My kids look a lot like orphans quite frequently.
And Zebbo. I can't resist a rugrat in pajamas. What is it about pjs?
Here's the monkey Zeb with his "car city" that we made today.  He designed and directed construction while I did the actual building.  Lately he asks all day if we can do "crafts".  We painted and flew jetplanes the other day.  We also drew out a big airport and runways on a cardboard box.  I need more ideas!!  Any fun (and SIMPLE) stuff any of you make or do with your kiddos?  Quiet time is getting boring and I don't just want it to be tv time while Ike sleeps!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I warned you about those hippo balls! When I am rich (haha) i want my kids to always have new cute jammies.

Michelle said...

So funny. Those boys are cute cute cute! That cardboard city does NOT look simple! You are an awesome mom to help him with that. I stuck with "detective" binoculars out of toilet paper rolls (glued together with zigzag folded paper) and anything with paper plates. Easy to make .... hours of entertainment. HA! I would have my kids explore with their detective binoculars for toys that needed to be put away. My kids would STILL love to make a cardboard city. :)

Emilee said...

Making homemade play-dough is always fun. (I like to color and scent it all in one with kool-aid packets instead of food coloring.)
Also, torn paper mosaics. And stringing beads.
That car city is more ambitious than our usual projects around here. I'm impressed.