Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best dang salad EVER.

This is so stinking good.  Seriously unreal.  It's delicious.
  •  Spinach
  • Romaine lettuce
  • cut strawberries
  • diced tomatoes
  • grilled chicken with lemon pepper
  • br sugar toasted walnuts
  • chopped red onion
you can also add:
  • bacon
  • mozarella cheese


and add this amazing dressing.  I love Brianna's Blush wine vinaigrette!

or make your own:
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1.5 Tb any type sweet onion, chopped
1 cups oil
 Mix the first 5 ingredients in a blender, then slowly add the oil, blending until thick


And I had to add a pic of my favorite six AM people in the world. Today was our last day of early morning seminary. Oh how I'll miss these lovely teenagers.  I won't be missing my alarm clock every morning, though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet Zeb and Ike will miss them too. I suspect for a while z and i will be up and looking for their friends--they're going to be your 6:00 am alarm clock.

Cynthia said...

That salad does look delicious. You need to bring it to a potluck/book club sometime because I want to try it.
Good job on finishing another year of teaching seminary. Enjoy some extra rest!

yaya said...

That salad looks so yummy! I think I will have to try that dressing out. I admire all you seminary teachers. Congrats on finishing another year. I'm sure your students will miss you, but not the early hour. That's one of two callings I've never held..that and adult Sunday school (gospel doctrine)Oh wait, I've never been Bishop/Branch Pres.(but I slept with one at a Holiday Inn)Sorry, Branch Pres. wife humor!

Robert and Kim said...

I am totally going to make that salad!! And I LOVE that dressing also! It is my favorite.