Thursday, May 13, 2010

I have a problem.

I really really love yard sales.  Last weekend I made my biggest purchase yet.  We bought new beds for the kiddos. We've been talking about a new bunkbed for awhile now (we were using Kent's old futon bunkbed from highschool and it was big and rickety- and ugly metal, too) and I've looked around on craigslist and at furniture stores over the past year.  Last weekend I went to the world's best neighborhood yard sale and found the perfect beds for an unreasonably good price. I found the exact bunks online for 800 dollars- mattresses NOT included.  We payed FAAAAAAR less and even got mattresses.  I am such a happy girl.

We also have two very happy boys.  Zeb says the bed is "supercool".
 And both kids LOVE climbing all over it.
Zeb wants us to always keep the ladder up so that he can get up top, but we've already run into some problems.
 Apparently Ike is preparing to scale Everest.  I was getting dinner ready and heard some intense giggling from the back room. I went to check it out and found THIS. Ike had scaled to the top rung and decided to sit and hang out. He is such a climber.

Here's the full view.  Ike was running laps around the top bunk until Kent dragged him down kicking and screaming.
Thanks, Kent! for taking apart the old bunks and putting together the new ones!!  Oh- and did I mention we sold the old bunk and futon mattress on craigslist in just one day?!  Kent wanted to throw it away but I assured him that even though it was old and ratchety that I could sell it if I asked the right price.

oh- and p.s.  Ike is still in his crib. We set up the top bunk because we don't have any storage space in which to keep an undone bed!

8 comments:

Laney said...

love the bed! and those pictures of Ike are really quite cute.

Renae said...

Those bunkbeds are nice!! Great deal. I remember flipping up and down on our bunks and falling off and splitting open my chin. You could put the crib by the ladder. That way Ike would fall into the crib, if need be. :) good idea.

dockters said...

The bunkbeds are incredible!! I love them! We're on the hunt for some too. I also love these pics of your boys. They look grown up...especially ike.

Steve and Hailey said...

Those are really cute. Great find! I keep having dreams about you and Laney it must mean something. The other night-we went swimming and you both had your brace back on and I told you that I was just going to keep my European teeth...oh so many details. :) It was fun!

Shelly and Ken said...

I'm jealous! I have been looking for good wood bunkbeds too. These look fabulous. I love them! What a great find.

camilla hallows said...

I love it too! Great find Leisy. Your boys are darling.

Amy and Craig said...

WOWOWOWOW!! those bed are gorgeous! so exciting. I'm addicting to yard sale-ing too! our neighborhood had one this weekend. I was hoping to find bikes for Craig and I and a bike trailor. not luck. But I did get a brand new cuisineart ice cream maker for $10!!! yeah for more kitchen toys!

Michelle said...

Excellent find! You guys will LOVE the bunk bed for many years. Cute boys!

STINKER Ike!