Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome, Monday. Welcome my new week.  I actually woke up to seminary with a smile on my face this morning. Mostly I think it has to do with the fact that the hell of mugginess has almost entirely lifted.  The past two days have left me drained and sluggish. I've actually felt ill.  Hopefully it was just those first few days to acclimatize and now it won't be so bad!

My goal is to blog every day this week since last week was so dismal.  I've even got some great posts planned. I have a friend who does arsty photography (that's what I'll call it anyway!) who wanted to photo my face because of the lines. She took some crazy pics. She's amazing at photography.  I'll be posting those "artsy leisy" photos tomorrow- a post you'll all be excited to see, I'm sure.

For now- it's the same ole stuff. Kiddos.

Here's Zeb with his gumball. He refuses to eat it because "that's gross, mom. You aren't supposed to eat balls".  He doesn't know it's candy.
And Ike. He eats dirt.  Like seriously licks his mud covered hands and chews.  Interestingly it's the only non food thing he eats- unlike Zeb who ate all sorts of weird things at this age.
And here's a funny zeb phrase from last week.  We ran to our bridge again to see if it was still flooded.  It was still water logged and very muddy.  We got up to it and zeb informed me "Mom, those rains came down and the floods came up, didn't they?".  They have been singing that song in nursery lately- and he loves to end questions the phrase "didn't they?".
Ike's phrases are much shorter.  His most recent new words are "shoe" and "Jesus".

7 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I love the practical application of the flood song. Hilarious.

M- your favorite said...

CUTE. I can't wait to see the pictures of you. You do have sharp lines! :) it's from all that working out!

Laney said...

i did not wake up to seminary with a smile on my face this morning. Are your students ever super crabby? mine sure are, and they seem to take it out on me!

Michelle said...

Oh I love those boys so much! Seriously - reading about them just makes my day ... so, I'm super happy about lots of posts this week.

Zeb is so SO smart. What a qt. I need to hear Ike's voice. It's been too long.

Can't wait to see the artsy Leisy!

Kent and Leisy said...

laney- yes they do get grumpy- but they always take it out on each other. only one of them is ever grumpy to me and when he is the rest of the students get mad at him.

Jason & Shannon said...

Our kids sing the wise man and the foolish man every Sunday in nursery it seems!
Sure is cute that Zeb applied the song!

Amy and Craig said...

Ike is a smarty pants. sophie mostly just says "more" or "milk" I can't tell which, and, of course, "mama" and "dada".