Saturday, July 5, 2008

happy late fourth

Our fourth was a day of grand adventure. We (my parents, sisters, Kent, Zeb and I) started bright and early up Battle Creek Canyon for a morning hike. The weather was PERFECT. The trail followed the water all the way up past lots of waterfalls. It was a bit steep- but really pretty. I can't get anymore pictures to post- but I'll try later. We went to the "One Man Band" for breakfast. The place was such a dive but Kent loved it. He says he's been craving it ever since.
We spent the afternoon at a picnic with Kent's family (I forgot the camera) and had more fun. Zeb LOVED the slip and slide. I wish we would have gotten some pictures. Kent just kept chucking him down and he'd giggle.

We had a bbq for dinner and went with my fam to Thanksgiving Point for the fireworks. They were pretty decent (although nothing compared to Provo's) and we had fabulous seats. Zeb was literally shaking with fear at first- but warmed up to them pretty quickly. After about ten minutes he totally zonked - even through the grand finale. The biggest adventure involved the drive home. It was HELL. We had to restrain my mom from exhibiting severe road rage. She almost got out of the car to freak at some another driver. Metta just kept honking and my little sis Daysa was in the back saying "WWJD". I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. Kent was holding the sleeping rugrat or I think he would have gotten out of the car. I HATE TRAFFIC and can't wait to be back to no traffic land (toledo).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WWJD! that's awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh how I hate the after fireworks traffic. Hate it so much.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, next year stay here in Toledo and come see fireworks in Maumee. You just park and my house and walk to the fireworks and you will deal with no traffic!

Susan said...

I love one man band!! The breakfasts are huge and you can't beat the prices. Glad you had fun and got home without incident.

Linz said...

Happy 4th! Cute pictures!!

Erin said...

Hey Leisy! Here's a funny thing: once upon a time, we worked in the MOA Cafe together--in fact, you once brought an awesome country mix, and let me rip the CD, so I have your influence right here on my little laptop. You worked there riiiiiight after your mission and if I remember right, that was to Russia, and sometimes you told us good stories about that.

Another funny thing: blogs are a little like six-degrees-of game: I was on Heather Mildenstein's site (in last ward together), then hopped to Emily Frame's site (also same ward...I think...) then saw your name and recognized it. Anyway, so fun to find your blog and see what you're up to!

Hahaha, I even remember when you and Kent were dating! Seems many moons, huh?

Speaking of recipes, I actually have the "official" (note the quotes, ironic) MOA cookbook. There's some good stuff there! Funny. I keep in touch with a few MOAC'ers, one of the the best jobs!

Last funny thing: I guess there are some benefits to not having a private blog!

Thanks for letting me read your blog! Toledo indeed. I hear ya on the Midwestern front...we're in Minnesota. Happy Fourth--late!

p.s. My maiden name is Erin...just so you don't get creeped out and think, "who the heck is this Sprout person?"

Emilee said...

What a cute little Zebbie! It's true what Cynthia says. You can watch the lovely Maumee fireworks and deal with absolutely no traffic next year.