Thursday, July 31, 2008

thanks for the good times, Toledo!

We just passed up our year mark here in good old Toledo! I think I've loved almost every moment here (if you remove the humidity). I cannot believe that time has flown by so fast. It feels like just yesterday we were driving across the country with a six week old and my family. SO much has happened in the past twelve months.

Toledo is all the rugrat has ever known! He's gone from boring newbie to crazy one year old! from all liquids to pizza and hot dogs! from slothlike to running maniac! and from wrinkly to darn cute.















Kent is one year wiser and 1/4 M.D.! he has become an even better husband than ever. He's also become quite the air force Lieutenant (83 pushups in one minute and bench pressing 275!).


And, me- I've been busy. Busy doing whatever I could possibly find to do! I've looked back at our year in Toledo and realized that I have about the most charmed life one could imagine! Kent works his tail off at school and I get to have fun. I've gained great friends, read buckets of great books, tried to learn how to be a mom and better wife, run my guts out, and watched endless episodes of Project Runway :) What more could one ask for?!

I look forward to the next three years that this place has to offer! Let's hope it gets better and better.

10 comments:

yaya said...

Leisy, you are such a positive person and you know how to really enjoy life and the all the little things that make it special. I'm glad you're enjoying Ohio, but I think you would find something to enjoy no matter where you live. (as long as Kent and Zeb were there of course!)

dockters said...

I have to say that you've definitely made the most of your time here so far! It's hard to believe that you guys are a quarter of the way done! We are so glad you are here...it's hard to imagine what we did without you guys right across the hall!!

Rachael said...

i've been playing catch-up on your blog and love all the latest pics of Zeb. He really does look so grown up! I absolutely LOVE 1 year olds. It's so fun to seem them learn and communicate and grow into themselves. Happy times!! What a cute, cute boy you've got.

Michelle said...

What a great post, Leisy!! I am so happy for you two and and your cute lil' fam. I just love Zebby to pieces! I can't believe it has been a year. Holy cow! Congrats on being 1/4th of the way through medical school. That is such a huge accomplishment. Thank you for your positive attitudes and inspiring examples! I love you guys so much.

Unknown said...

I hope we live by each other someday in the Air Force world because we would have so much fun running around staying really busy and dragging our kids everywhere. And exchanging books of course. I've been feeling lately that life is pretty much perfect as well...hope it stays that way!

Linz said...

You do have a wonderful life! So do I! Aren't we blessed!! Congrats on your one year mark!!

tiffany said...

you do have a great life i i have a good one too however you get to do what i want to really bad. that is to stay home with the kid. maybe someday. i can i can only hope right?

M- your favorite said...

WOW! Where does time go. It's always a happy day to know that Kent you are 1/4 done. :D That is so AMAZING!!

Zeb is so grown up. I love that little guy so much. I am going to have to plan another trip out there. So look at your schedules for next year- and let's plan a time. :)

Love you guys!

Emily Frame said...

he's so handsome! i am guessing you've heard about Don Morehouse?

Kent and Leisy said...

emily- TERRIBLE about don. I hope that Fairy is doing alright.