Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We've done a whole lot of swimming in the last few days! We even had two swimming parties today- one for playgroup and another for our YW/YM activity. I can't believe I've turned into as much a water person as I have this summer. The humidity does it to me.

Today at the Pickford Pool they gave away free lunches to the kids. Zeb devoured his sandwich bun. It was the first time Zeb has eaten that much bread EVER. I couldn't figure out why he enjoyed it so much until Kent pointed out that it was his first experience with white bread. Grandpa Howell would be so disappointed in him. The stuff has no nutritional value but he LOVED it!!! We're going to continue to work on wheat bread with him- he'll have to eat it eventually.




Zeb enjoyed dipping his feet in the pool and having Kent chase him around the perimeter. He did NOT love when Kent forced him (at my request) under the mushroom thingy. Enlarge the close-up image to get a good look at his pure anger and disgust. As of late he has not been a fan of getting entirely in the water- let's hope the phase passes soon.




NEW BOOK recommendation:

The Rules of Survival by Nancy Welin. I read this book in its entirety this afternoon. I'd read other books by Welin and was only semi-intrigued. This book was by far the best of her books. It is a quick read and kept my interest. It reminded me slightly of "A Child Called It"- only not nearly as depressing or graphic . Three out of four stars.

I am so glad to be home and back to my library! Nothing better than a good book and a napping baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture under the mushroom. Better luck next time!

Amy and Craig said...

I completely agree with your last sentiment, NOTHING better than a book and a long napping kid! Makes life worth living day after day!

Cynthia said...

I missed Zeb getting tormented and crying. That must have been the only time he cried, because he was having so much fun. We'll have to go again when the weather is over 90 and the pool is free!

M- your favorite said...

WHAT STOP THE TORMENTING!! SAD!
HE HATES IT!

Thanks for the book recommendation. I just might read it!