Friday, July 18, 2008

Thanks for sending us our stuff mum!! I'm going to try and get the rest of our yellowstone trip all in this one post. It was such a wonderful vacation and we are VERY grateful to mum and pop Oswald for taking us all there! It was the perfect end to Kent's last summer vacation EVER :)

Pictured above is the Z man and his reaction to Old faithful. I think he mostly loved all of the people.

We went paddle boating on the river one evening and it about did us in. Warnings on the boats actually stated that using them in water with currents was a potentially dangerous idea. We weren't ever in any danger but we sure did work our tails off. For the majority of the time Kent pushed us upstream. While we were on the river we ran into a moose!! He crossed the river right in front of us!We also went on a great hike in yellowstone to "Fairy Falls". It's crazy to see how many dead burnt trees there still are everywhere. We all got a little sunburned on the hike- but Zeb was in heaven riding in his pack.On our second to last day we went and floated the river in St. Anthony. I don't have any of the pics on my camera for some reason but I did get some of our adventure afterwards. ALL week long I wanted to go to "Big Jud's" . The place specializes in homemade buns so big that they are baked in pie tins and one pound hamburgers to match the buns. We used to go all the time when I was at Ricks. The place was no disappoinment. Kent ate 3/4 of the burger and gave me a quarter pounder. He also finished off his waffle cone and a basket of fries. It was actually really delicious, but I hadn't eaten a burger and fries in literally YEARS and the place (or the toxin producing bacteria in their food) did not agree with me (or a few others for that matter) at all. Within a few hours Taylor, Daysa, and I were vomiting violently. I actually felt a little relieved to get the nasty food out of me, but I didn't enjoy having to experience it all for a second time. After the long vomitious night we decided to head home a little early! All in all, Yellowstone was WONDERFUL. We had frost a few nights, got to sleep in a tent, had lots of sun and hiking, saw tons of wildlife, and enjoyed buckets of great shopping and eating! What else could you ask for in a vacation?!? thanks mom and dad!!!!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

sorry about getting sick, over all sounds like fun was had by all. i really want to know is how can kent eat all that food?

Linz said...

SOrry about the sickies. Yuck! But what great pictures! A moose!!!! WOW! Yellowstone looks amazing! I am glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Sweet pics!! I love the one with Zeb cute smile.