Monday, July 14, 2008

Island Park. day 1

Our much needed week long vacation to Island Park and Yellowstone was wonderful! We stayed at some place called "Grandma's Cabin". The beds were super comfy and they had BRAVO! I got my fam hooked on Project Runway reruns.

The weather was AMAZING! The highs were low 80s and upper 70s and at night we even had frost a few times! Kent and I slept out in the tent a few nights and LOVED every second of it. The air was insanely crisp and fresh.

We arrived Monday afternoon and right when we walked in there was a wild bat flying around. I immediately grabbed the camera and my mom crouched onto the floor screaming for kent to get it out. I put Zeb down and tried to get a good shot while Kent tried to chase it out with a towel. It was literally dive bombing at our heads! Zeb got a little nervous (mostly because he was neglected in the chaos) and started crying- but eventually Kent chased it out and I got a few good pictures. If you zoom in on this one you can see it's beedy little eyes. I'm sure it was rabid.

We ended up with a full cabin of people. All in all we had Laney, Taylor, Hank, Metta, Daysa, Mom, Dad, cousin Penny, our fam and even Kent's parents came up for a few nights! Zeb got to know his cousin Hank a lot better on the trip. He is kind of bored by him though as he doesn't do much yet.

The next few days were the ones full of real adventure. I'm pooped for now and they'll have to wait till tomo.

7 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I can't even express how impressed I am by your pic of the bat.

Linz said...

That is a great bat picture! Gotta love the grossness!!!

Zeb is so cute! Glad you had a fun vacation!!

M- your favorite said...

I hate bats! they are so sick. Very nice picture! That is awesome that you took a picture of it. SICK!!

Zeb is so cute! I love that boy. He is so good. I am so glad you guys had a good vacation! I am going to be sad not to see you guys on Sundays anymore. sure do love you guys!

Cynthia said...

What an eventful first day. The cabin looks so fun- too bad about the bat, but I bet you loved the adventure. And I am still laughing that you got bravo in the cabin.

Pat and Brent said...

It was a great cabin - can't say I'm sorry to have missed out on the bat! Lot's of good adventures. Both babies are super cute and such good kids. We had a great time.

Michelle said...

SOOOOOO good to see you guys! I miss ya already!

Amy and Craig said...

Just wait, those cousins will soon seem like the same size! it's so fun to watch them grow up together. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks in Ohio!