Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So, here's my next book recommendation. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Don't get your hopes up too much because it doesn't actually hit the shelves until October 1 of this year. My mom gets all the great books "pre-publishing date " at the book fairs she attends (we even got to read the first Harry Potter long ago before it was discovered!). I know it isn't out for awhile but I wanted to give everybody the heads up so that they could get their names on the hold lists at their libraries.

The book was GREAT. A definite four out of four stars. Unfortunately it is the first in a series of three and since I read it last month- I have FOREVER to wait for book two. If you want to catch a glimpse of the book you can read the first chapter here.

Here is a short description of the book I found online. It's futuristic and has a little bit of an odd story to it, but I loved everything about the book. Great characters and well written!

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed.

5 comments:

dockters said...

thanks for sharing it! started yesterday and can't put it down!

Lyndsay said...

Hooray for good book recommendations!
Boo for having to wait.

brittani c. said...

I'm intrigued.

tiffany said...

thanks for the heads up it sounds good

Linz said...

Looks so good! I just pre-ordered it! Yea!!