Friday, August 1, 2008

Zeb must take after me. He has to make everything extreme and make sure everything is the MOST exciting or the MOST intense. This week has been no different. He decided to get the most sick he could without causing any major damage. After his immunizations he made his way steadily up to a temperature of 105. Nice going rugrat. We had a bad bad night last night to say the least. It's moments like those that I wonder why in heaven's name I am trusted to be a mother. What do I know about a baby with a temp of 105 in the middle of the night?!?! It was miserable and I was so worried I couldn't sleep a wink.
We made it through the entire Blue's Clues dvd twice (it's at least two hours in length). His temp peaked and finally dropped this morning at seven-thirty- just in time for us not to be able to go back to sleep. He's been cool and crabby all day today. I'll take the irritability over the fever anyday.
Here's the goofy kid in his new two dollar spiderman pajamas. I LOVE babies in new pajamas.

8 comments:

Emilee said...

My goodness! What kind of mother are you, letting your kid get a fever of 105? Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
I hate those nights. Somehow it would be better if they could get really sick at say. . .noon. Doncha think?

Unknown said...

Maybe he had a fever because his mom put him in long sleeves and pants for bed in the middle of the summer. TOTALLY KIDDING LEISY. Hah hah. By the way, I really wanted you to win Pay it Forward because you deserve something fun in the mail. Email me your address so that perhaps you could receive a runner up gift. Seriously. It would make me happy!

tiffany said...

not fun being up all night with someone thats sick. i have always loved when my neices & nephews get sick becuse they get really cuddly i love that but feel bad that they are sick. did you take him to the dr.?

Kent and Leisy said...

jess- you really don't have to make me a runner up- but I'll send you my address because you know how much I love mail! and I'd love to play the game on my blog! the pajamas were too cute for him not wear! even if they are long sleeved and pants :) plus he told me he like them.

Cynthia said...

Poor Zeb and mom! He looks just too happy to be sick, though. I love the PJs, how did you get them for $2? Also, he looks like such a toddler to me in that picture. He is getting so big!

Kent and Leisy said...

cyndi- I got them at a yard sale! I LOVE toledo yard sales!!!

Molly said...

I love babies in pj's, too! That's all my kids will wear until they're old enough to put up a stink about it.

Michelle said...

Those pjs are adorable. Fevers are so scary - he must have felt like he was on fire at 105 degrees! Bless his heart. I'm glad the fever finally broke. Hope everyone is feeling healthy (albeit tired).