Friday, August 22, 2008

nice pair, huh?

Don't you think they match rather nicely?

The night before Kent left for his medical mission I told him I thought he ought to leave his wedding ring at home for safe keeping. He replied that he didn't want to be ringless (and I guess therefore open to the wild advances of all those Nicaraguan women) and would take extra precautions to keep his ring safe. Guess what? His ring is somewhere off the coast of Nicaragua in the Pacific Ocean.
Pictured is the ring he came home wearing! I actually didn't notice until he said something about it. Luckily for us, this is already his SECOND ring and I felt no major emotional attachments. Not to mention we paid only 17 dollars for it. We have already ordered another (this one was 18 dollars) and I've made it known that WHEN I lose my ring (it's bound to happen) Kent must be VERY nice about it and get me any ring I want :)

10 comments:

Lyndsay said...

The title of this post made me giggle. I'm glad you two have such liberal ring-keeping policies. It's something Erik and I have yet to talk about, but it seems like an inevitability that one or both of us will lose our rings at some point. Here's hoping that it's Erik, whose ring was far less expensive.
p.s. WHAT was kent doing in the ocean ringless? hmm?

Leslie said...

I too would like to know what Kent was doing ringless off the coast of Nicaragua. :)

I am AMAZED that neither Paulo nor I have ever lost our rings. So out of character for us.

Kari Ann said...

What a neat experience Kent. The ring story is hilarious! Wives always know best:)

brittani c. said...

I was thinking the same thing....Kent what were you doing in the ocean? Or maybe you really traded it for that wooden ring in the picture. I think you guys should have done a hand shot in that one.

yaya said...

My ring was stolen from the surgery locker room when I rushed in to scrub a stat c-section. Most of our Docs send their rings, watches, id badges, etc. to the laundry. Our newest surgeon is on his 3rd ring.

tiffany said...

great pair i love it

Linz said...

Nice work Kent. How did it end up in the ocean?

Jason & Shannon said...

Haha, I do like the wooden one. That's what happens when you go swimming while wearing your ring. It's a good thing the replacement rings weren't expensive!

Erin said...

This is starting to sound suspicious . . . is "losing" your wedding ring a family thing?

Unknown said...

Hey, it's my Harry Potter friends! :) As it happens, Jacob's ring is at the bottom of Bear Lake. His replacement cost us $18. I have yet to lose mine, but I'm thinking your "get me any ring I want" policy is a good one. :D