Wednesday, August 6, 2008

day o' fun!

We woke up this morning and decided to do some more exploring of Toledo's surroundings. I can't believe that we hadn't ventured up to Ann Arbor to check out the city before today! It did help that our good friends, the Webers, moved up not too long ago and gave us yet another reason to make the roadtrip.
Our first stop was the children's "Hands On Science Museum". Thank heavens for our amazing pass. It continues to work ubiquitously! We got in at no cost.
The best part of the museum was surely the pre-schooler's area. Zeb was in complete euphoria. He would have played for hours if we'd let him. There was a great water area, fake houses, zillions of puzzles and cool gadgets, and a giant firetruck. You'll have to zoom in on the pic to see the cute little hat on his round little head.

The rest of the museum was neato as well- although more geared to bigger kids (as is obvious by Kent's antics on this pole). All of the little kids kept asking Kent how he got to the top.

For lunch we meandered around downtown watching all the eclectic people while trying to locate a decent yet inexpensive restaurant. The choices were endless! There are so many delicious looking places in Ann Arbor (we were insanely hungry). We finally decided on BD's Mongolian BBQ. I am not the craziest meat fan, but the veggies looked scrumptious and Zeb was free! They let him get his own bowl of food at no cost! Little did they know that this kid is one heck of a steak eater. He ended up chowing down so much steak and sausage I thought he'd burst! This place is one of those "jam-as-much-food-as-you-possibly- can-in-one-bowl-for-one-great-price" restaurants and I wish we'd taken pictures of our meat and veggies pre-cooking. I was MORTIFIED by how much food I got. Really though. I was so embarrassed that I forced Kent to claim my plate at the end of the meal when we asked for doggie bags. I did it for him anyway- I know how much he loves leftovers.
After lunch we made a stop by Trader Joe's. I'd never been and heard lots about it. We got some scrumptious cookies and Zeb enjoyed his mini-cart. It was a cool store but VERY overpriced and a little too organic for my tastes.

We also made a final stop at the Webers! Of course, it's the one place I forgot to take pictures. It was great to see them and I'm still irritated they left Toledo after only a year!

We'll definitely be making more trips up in the future. It was a blast and there's so much more to see and do.

5 comments:

Larry and Cindy said...

Kent, Liesy & Zeb, I haven't visited your blog in a while... shame on me!!! I did not realize Ann Arbor was that close to you or maybe it's not. How far is it? Lindsay lived there for a while setting up Hot Dog on a Stick stores. That was part of her after high school education. Your little man has grown up so much!!! I am so sad we didn't get to see you in Utah. Larry had a total knee replacement in May and was off work for a while and I haven't worked for 2 years so we are living tight. I did get a job at LDS Family Services, it is part time 4 hours per day and I am learning so much about the computer program so at least I am becoming more computer literate!!! Kent, how was Nicaragua? I would love to hear all about it if you ever have time our email is lawcintay@netzero.net. Write to me please you and Leisy both I miss you cute fun kids!!! Love Ya, Auntie Cindy

Larry and Cindy said...

Oh one more thing...Leisy you and my Lindsay are the best bloggers ever!!! I love to read you blog and after reading I can tell Kent is just now going to Nicaragua... So I will get the down low when Kent is back...Love Ya A&F,Cindy

dockters said...

Your day looks like so much fun! I just talking about how much I was wishing I could take Sam to COSI...so we'll definitely be trying out the Ann Arbor museum. It sounds amazing!

Michelle said...

You guys go to the funnest places! Zeb just gets bigger and bigger! I love the picture of him with the shopping cart - and the pic of him sleeping in the post below is so cute! I wonder what was wrong with him that day? It's SO frustrating to not know how to help and just try everything to no avail.
That 2 faced kitty is so amazing. Do both sets of eyes and mouth work? I want to see it eat and stuff. Weird.

Linz said...

I love that picture of Zeb and his cart!! Too cute!!!!!