Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kent was in the Blade today!

This picture was in the local paper today! They did a story on the medical mission to Nicaragua that's happening this next week! Kent has been busy every night this week packing medications and working on fundraisers. Tonight he even had to go hang out at "Trotter's tavern and bar" to set up a cornhole (midwest game that people here LOVE. It looks an awful lot like the bean bag toss to me) tournament. Thank heavens it's just a block away from us and he didn't have to stay for the whole night!
I'm not excited for him to leave again but I'm really glad he's getting this opportunity. He's really excited to work with the people and get some great experiences. I really wish that I could tag along! Definitely someday.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cool.

tiffany said...

wow that medical mission sounds way cool i bet he is exi]cited to go.

Lenny and Amanda said...

Kent,
I am very jealous that you are going to my 2nd favorite country. Nicaragua. Are you going to Leon? That was one of my favorite areas that I served in. It is beautiful. Have fun. Lenny