Saturday, August 23, 2008

Clinic

Working in the clinics was the very best part of my trip to Nicaragua! I loved meeting, interviewing and examining the patients and coming up with my own diagnosis before the doctor took a look. It was really intense the first day since I have had very little clinical experience this past year in school. It was an incredible learning experience and I felt much more comfortable with the routine by the end of the week. It got me excited for this next year of school when we really get to learn this stuff in depth.

Here are some pictures of me interviewing the patients:
















Abra la boca, saque la lengua,
y diga "AHH"

4 comments:

tiffany said...

im glad you got to have that experience it sounds and looks amazing. let me know where you are going to live after you graduate from med school so you can be my doctor.

Pat and Brent said...

Hands on is the best kind of learning. So glad you got to do it. Looks like you lost your ring between picture 3 and 4. Could it be down that little boy's throat?

Chris Howell said...

We received your very kind hand written note and photo by snail mail yesterday. I am very impressed at your thoughtfulness. We are glad that we could make a contribution to your service to our brothers and sisters of Nicaragua.

Chris and Donna

PS Keep on making your parents and Heavenly Father proud.

Michelle said...

Open your mouth, stick out your tongue, and say ahhhh.

Oh man - I would have been GREAT over there!! hahahaha.

Cool pictures, Kent. What an incredible experience. Please tell me you're coming out to Utah when you're done to be our doctor. Please? ;)

Lotsa love.