Sunday, August 24, 2008

our smart baby (yes, we're biased)



I don't think that we've posted a video of Z in ages! The kid is growing up so fast it's ridiculous. He understands nearly everything we say now (which means I've got to be way more careful) and he's smarter than ever. I woke up this morning to his little voice jabbering away to Kent. He's talking like crazy! Not everything (or even the majority of it) is understandable but it's adorable. He's learning new words daily! His two favorites right now are "choo choo train" and "grasshopper". In the video he shortens them to "choo choo" and "hopper" but when he says the whole word it's even cuter.
Yesterday we were trying to teach him to say his name and he kept giggling at us. After hearing us say "Z" a zillion times he ran over to his toybox and pulled out the big letter Z that Kent brought home from Nicaragua! We've been working on letter recognition (especially Zs, Es, and Bs) forever now but we never thought he was processing it until he did this! Luckily "Z" is an easy thing to say and he loves saying it.

4 comments:

tiffany said...

papa larry tought ike to spell his name he told him "it's like 1 2 3, i k e." that might help with zed spelling his name he is a cute kid

Michelle said...

I love him. I LOVE HIM!!!!! I miss him ... I MISS HIM!!!!!!!!!!

BYU 174 RS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason & Shannon said...

Ahahaha. I love it!! I love that he is trying to jump! He is so smart!! I guess that's what you get when you mix a smart mom and a smart dad together! (sorry, the deleted comment was me, just said the same thing, but I was signed into a different blog)