Monday, August 11, 2008

swan chasing.

Today was a day of wild animals. We saw tons of deer this morning at the park and then all sorts of great birds at the Botanical gardens. Daysa and I tried to to touch one (the swan) but couldn't ever get close enough. The gardens were really beautiful and the weather is still absolutely heavenly. We also made it to the malls during the day as well and to Pasta Fina for dinner. I LOVE that restaurant. It is Toledo's hidden gem.

Kent is continuing to have great experiences in Nicaragua. Today he saw the elders walking down the street. He was riding in the back of a pick-up truck to another clinic location and just had time to shout as they drove by.
He said that they did a lot of dental work today and worked mostly on little children. He couldn't believe their teeth and gums were in such poor condition. He would just touch some of their gums and they'd bleed. It sounds like they are pretty busy with patients all day. I would love to be there with him!!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

wow swan chasing sounds like fun. glad kent is enoying his med mission. when does he come home

Breanne said...

I love that pic in the tree thing. So cool!

Larry and Cindy said...

I'm not positive Leisy but if Swans are like Geese the are mean and ornary and like to bite. I must be mistaken about Swans they are to pretty to be mean. I am glad Kent is having a great experience in Nicaragua!!! I just Love You Guys so much and I would love to hear from you!!! Hint Hint Hint!!! Love Ya, Auntie Cindy