Tuesday, August 19, 2008

poor zebby!

The little rugrat has been SOOOO good the past few days. I think he is finally in perfect health (cross your fingers) with no teething or congestion or rashes or wheezing of any sort!
He has been happy and playful and is sleeping 12 to 13 hours a night with 2-3 hour naps during the day! he is so fun right now. He's jabbering like crazy and picking up new words and signs everyday.
Because of his great behavior and good health I felt extra guilty taking him to get his chest x-rays today (we have to take them in to the pulmonologist with us next week). The machine that held him in was TERRIBLE. Watching him have to be stuck in it was torture. He was shaking with terror and pleading with me to get him out. He was so so scared.
Of course, I snapped a quick picture before releasing him. It's sort of a creepy little contraption.
I don't know much about reading x-rays- but I especially like the one with his screaming wide-open mouth where you can see all of his teeth!

8 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

Looks like a 14th century torture devise. I'm not an expert at reading xrays, but it looks pretty good to my untrained eye. I'm so glad he's feeling better! He's such a good baby - even when he's not feeling the best. He's so smart when it comes to language - and music. Just like his mommy and daddy.
Glad Kent made it home safe and sound. Hope we get some more blogs about all the things he did.

taylor and laney said...

saddest thing i have ever seen. those tears on zeb's face make me want to cry. and that contraption reminds me of the hospital in latvija where i got my appendix out.

Tanner Mills said...

HAHA i laughed out loud!

M- your favorite said...

That is soooo SAD!! Poor guy. I am so glad that he is finally over his sickness! I hope he does okay. Glad your home Kent-I bet you have a lot of stories. Sounds like you had a great time. Keep us updated on when you go back to school and for next year when your break is. So maybe I can come out then. Love you guys!

Michelle said...

Ohhhhhhhh. That is horrible! They have GOT to find a better way to do that procedure.

Jon said...

Great x-rays! At least the screaming kept his lungs filled with air, so they could get a good shot on the first try...

It does look like that thing could be on display in the Tower of London, though.

Katy said...

I had to put Domenic in one of those when he got pnemonia after having his tonsils out. Terrible! Luckly with Skyler last month they just had to of the techs hold his hands up. It was much less tramatic. Is he getting better? Hope so! Good luck!

heidi said...

OOOOOOOOOh, his expression is so sweet. What a little cutie. I'm glad he's doing better!