Monday, August 25, 2008

goodbye summer, hello trains, and back to boring blog posts!

It is supposed to get pretty darn chilly tonight! I couldn't be more pleased. This morning on our run Zeb wore a jacket! It smells like fall already to me. I think we may have another few days of warm temps next week but summer is OVER!! Hooray.
Also on our run this morning I ran into quite the oddity. No questions asked I would have snapped a picture had I been carrying my camera (I'll carry it the rest of this week in hopes of getting a shot). There at the top of one of the hills on the trail is a long-haired man wearing a wrestling singlet doing strange karate/kickboxing/yoga moves. He had to stop and scoot over so that I could pass him. It was SO strange and I'm sure he noticed my unconcealed smiles and giggles. I think it was the singlet that set me off. The closest thing I can compare him to is Wolf on American Gladiators -only not nearly as ripped. I will try to get a picture.

In other interesting news, Kent went back to school today and life is returning to normal with one MAJOR exception. Blue's Clues has vanished from our house. Kent turned it on for Zeb the other day and he would have NOTHING to do with it. Thanks to the influence of friends he has become completely hooked on Thomas. He has to hold the trains during my runs. He has to hold them while he watches his DVDs. He runs around at the library with train books shouting "choo-choo". Thomas is a much needed break from Steve, Joe, and Blue- but I'm sure I'll get sick of the trains soon enough.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog posts aren't boring to
those who read them...especially me. Grandma Carol

Trent said...

IF HE IS ANYTHING LIKE MY NEPHEW ABRAM. HE WILL BE WITH TRAINS FOR A LONG TIME. ABRAM LIKED THEM FOR ALMOST TWOO YEARS NOW.

Julie Sacks said...

Thankfully I have not been as sick with this one as I was with Cohen. I usually have at least a couple hour break everyday when I think, hey, I actually do not feel too bad. I am just grateful for that!

Unknown said...

Lesiy, when I had Natalie Thomas saved my life. Get him some train tracks and your life will be wonderful. Best money we ever spent. (Well, you know.)

M- your favorite said...

I have not been on your blog for awhile. I really have enjoyed it. I am glad to hear that summer is over for you. Because you love the cold. Also Kent I am glad that school is going good for you. I think you have only been 2 days now.

What can I say about Zeb? He is so CUTE! and SMART! I miss that little guy. anyways love you both.

yaya said...

The look on his little face is priceless! He needs a ride on a real train!

dockters said...

I think I saw that same singlet guy at the park last week!! He was hanging by his knees and doing sit ups on the monkey bars! He had ankle weights on too...dead sexy! You definitely need to get a picture!