Monday, August 18, 2008

He's home!

I couldn't be happier to see Kent. For some reason the past two days have seemed almost longer than the whole five weeks Kent was in Alabama! I was so bored and lonely I thought I'd die! He got home early this morning/late last night and came bearing gifts! I love nothing more than souvenirs. It was always a tradition growing up -and sometimes still- that when my parents returned from their travels they brought fun stuff back. I've always made sure that Kent is well aware of this tradition.

The first day he got to Nicaragua he e-mailed to tell me that he'd gotten me the PERFECT gift- something that I'd wanted since I was younger. I was slightly perplexed and very excited to see what it was- especially considering I had no recollection of this thing I'd wanted since I was little.
This morning after a good night's sleep he presented me with a plastic sack containing THIS:

I have to admit- I LOVE it- but have NEVER wanted it or EVER thought about it. Who wants a taxidermied frog holding a baseball and bat? This isn't actually the perfect gift he'd written about (although it is pretty darn close).

Here is the gift:
I've always wanted a piggy bank with no opening besides the coin slot. I can't wait to fill it up and then throw it against the cement to get the money out!!

9 comments:

Laney said...

that frog is grosso!

Jason & Shannon said...

I've wanted one of those piggy banks too!!!

boysmum2 said...

How cool, the pig is adorable. Not too fussed on the frog, but each to their own.
Great for you to have him back, man he has had a busy summer.
Good luck saving those pennies to fill the pig. Post a picture when you finally smash him!

tiffany said...

lenny came home from his mission in nicagraga with a bunch of taxidurmied things. it was fun

Cynthia said...

I couldn't keep the frog. That would creep me out, especially since it used to be alive. Yuck.

The piggy bank looks fun. Is part of the gift that Kent will clean up the mess after you break it? That would make it perfect!

Linz said...

HAHAHA! I remember all of Lenny's gross things that he brought home! I love love love the piggy bank!! Yea!

Amy and Craig said...

I have a grosser frog and it's a PURSE so it has a zipper across the butt!! The piggy bank is great. Yaya got one for taylor and Katie while we were up visiting. Katie broke hers a couple hrs after getting it. She'll help you with breaking your bank when it comes time, she's a pro!

Unknown said...

I am jealous of your pig. It reminds me of that mary kate & ashley olson movie where they smash their piggy banks to go to grandmas.. so you better have a good reason to smash yours. :)

Lenny and Amanda said...

Man that frog beings back slot of memories. I still have a guitar playing frog and some other fun creatures. I'm glad you enjoyed Nicaragua. Lenny