Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Maumee Summer Fair!

This morning I took the fam to the airport at five am. Bleggghh! It was far too early and I was far too tired. But it was wonderful to have everyone here and definitely worth the loss of sleep. The house is kinda quiet and lonely now with just zeb and me. I can't wait till Kent gets home!!!!

After the early airport run, Zeb and I went real running to Swan Creek park (have I mentioned lately how AMAZING the weather is here?!?!?!!!) and then off to the Maumee summer fair!

We enjoyed the great traditions of small town parades! Short and sweet with WAY too much free candy. We met up with some friends (thanks for the pictures cyndi!) and Zeb was so happy. He did extraordinarily well during this parade. NO tears and only mild convulsions when the fire trucks went by and when the clown approached with candy. I got a coupon for a free chic-fil-a sandwich and some tootsie rolls. Zeb wouldn't eat the candy. He used his smarties to draw on the sidewalk and chucked his sucker into the dirt after he tasted it.

My favorite part of the parade was this entry. I'm pretty sure I've posted it before (it's in all the parades around here). This truck is CREEP-O-RAMA. There are HUNDREDS of disgusting, old, faded, dilapidated, and nearly decapitated dolls and figurines covering this truck. I wish you could see the driver better. He looks like the stereotypical hermit man from the deep woods of West Virginia (or Ohio, apparently). I can't believe that they keep allowing him to drive through these parades.

5 comments:

tiffany said...

nice truck cute kid and im shocked he doesnt like candy. when does kent get home?

yaya said...

Oh Leisy, if want creepy just come on down to Ashland and see the "cat man". He wears a hat with a stuffed toy cat on top and his car is covered in cat figurines glued all over it. I've never seen his house, thank goodness. Oh, I almost forgot. He has no nose. I'm not kidding. I don't think it was bitten off... Anyway, he drives all over town. No parade needed.

Aleisha said...

WOW! Hi, I'm Aleisha "Rohbock". I went to school with you and Laney. It's so fun to find people from school. You have a cute little boy! The picture on your header looks like where I live. Can't believe how many people from school married each other, its awesome! Hope you don't mind me stopping by.

Unknown said...

Please I hope he comes to Columbus someday. What a wonderfully strange man.

Jana said...

Leisy Loo,
You won't believe it, but your good friends from Toledo are here in my ward, Jenny and Jake. They are nice. Small world! Well, girly I sure hope all is going well for you and kent. It was fun to see you over Christmas. Take care!
Love YA!!!