Sunday, August 17, 2008

final days of NY

If anybody ever wants to go see Niagara Falls you can stay at my sister's place for free (I hope that's okay with you, Laney) because they only live a few miles away!! We went and rode the "Maid of the Mist" and walked all over the mini islands. It was fabulous! Thanks mom and dad for keeping the babies on land. Had he been on board Zeb would have jumped over the edge for sure. The water was pretty choppy and the mist was very thick (more like torrential rains at one point).



Some man riding around the park was offering pictures with his Parrots for donations. We couldn't resist! Here's Daysa with one of the crazy birds.





Zeb was pretty pooped by the end of the day and rather grumpy. My Dad tried to calm him with an ice cream cone. It definitely worked for awhile (although, as is quite evident, the angry face never left). Here's the rugrat finishing it off. He would not move his hand from his mouth until it was COMPLETELY gone.

We drove home Friday morning and had quite the adventurous roadtrip. We had one too many people to fit in the car and had a long five hours of squishing. My dad "accidentally" rolled Daysa's fingers up in the car window and Metta and I were in tears laughing. Daysa didn't think that it was all that funny. I should have gotten some pictures of us all squashed in the backseat. My entire lower half was asleep for quite some time.

Overall it was a great trip and I can't wait till they come back!

7 comments:

boysmum2 said...

Always wanted to do the Falls. The mist and the rain so awesome.
Looks like you have had a fab time there.

Michelle said...

What super fun adventures! I can't decide if I would be brave enough to to go on the Maid of the Mist. That looks so scary.

I am DYING with Zeb's grumpy face while eating an icecream cone! hahahahahahahahahaha! That is priceless.

That truck in the parade with all the dolls is so bizarre.

I can't wait to travel through some of the church history stops. I love Zeb pointing out something on Hill Cumorah. That's cute.

The flower pics you took were absolutely amazing. Very beautiful.

Daysa is gorgeous. The picture of her holding that bird is so cute.

Unknown said...

We saw that exact same parrot man.

dockters said...

Just the thought of having the bird's feet on my arm makes me cringe!!!! Daysa is a brave woman!

I'm glad you had such a good time with your fam! I want to see pics of Laney's apartment...it sounds amazing!

Kristen said...

It isn't a real Oswald/Howell road trip without some squishing anyway right? Niagara Falls looks like fun, but I think even more fun would have been watching Zeb devour that icecream cone!

Steve and Hailey said...

That looks so fun! It seems to me like you are always off and doing. I really like the picture of the crazy doll truck! That is classic. I miss you guys! Having Laney back made me greedy and I would really like you three back too! Taylor and Hank would be nice, as long as I'm requesting people.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to point out that you have NO pictures of your parents in any of these adventures. Embarrassed? Only want us for our money?

Makes a parent wonder...