Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cousin Hank!

Zeb quite enjoyed showing Henry how to blow bubbles in the bathtub tonight. Hank is still mastering the sitting-up-straight-on-a-slippery-surface trick. Henry is way chunky and is such a content little critter. I'm (Kent here) really excited to have number two, but sadly realized after tonight's visit to Tony Packo's that with two we will no longer be eating out. It was way too hard to have two tired kids at a noisy restaurant. They both zonked shortly after this shared bath.

The past few days Zebby has converted to a Daddy's boy! Yesterday Leisy and I picked our neighbor's kids up from school for them. Their parents had given them money for an after-school treat; they wanted to go get ice cream in the freezing cold weather. We were outside the ice cream window shivering, waiting for our ice cream orders when Zeb's little lip started to quiver. I told Leisy to go get the car started and I would pay and bring the ice cream. Once inside the car Zeb had a meltdown because he thought Leisy was leaving without me. I returned to the car and found Zeb with huge tears running down his face screaming for me. PAPA!! DADDY!! It's pathetic! I got up to use the bathroom tonight during dinner and the same thing happened! I don't know what Leisy is going to do after Thanksgiving break.

4 comments:

M- your favorite said...

WOW! Henry is so grown up! I love that Zeb loves to play with other kids and has a great time with them. You will get used to having 2 kids around that going out to eat is not a big deal. I guess I am just used to it with all Kristy's and Michelle's kids. It's fun to have everyone running around and no one is eating. GOOD TIMES!

I am REALY EXCITED for the 2nd little person! I can't wait to hold "it" and love it to death! I think that is the best part about being an aunt!
It's so sad that your little boy loves you to death! That is the sweetest thing! I also hopes things go ok for Leisy when you have to go back to school. Good luck!

Laney said...

I don't think that zeb has done any "converting" to be a daddy's boy. He has been that way since the beginning.
-leisy

Amy and Craig said...

That's super rough. Katie switched to a major daddy's girl right before taylor was born and that was great....when he was home. you can still eat out with two, you just have to go at 4pm instead of late and make sure there are no long waits and have coloring books and snacks just in case. it's a pain. But someday they'll go to preschool and regular school and you can have weekly lunch dates!

Steve and Hailey said...

I want this picture! Look at the cute glint of gold on top of each boy's head! I love pictures of cousins together. I wish I could have joined you guys for Thanksgiving. I got my camera all ready, but I refused to take a picture of my not thanksgiving with Steve and other items...