Wednesday, November 12, 2008

update on the cripple

Turkey lurkey woke up (at 6:30) not walking again. His dr's office doesn't open until 8:30 and luckily by eight he was starting to hobble around on his leg. He just now got up from his nap and besides a little shakiness, he seems fine. He will occasionally collapse and give me a strange look or stop mid jaunt to shake his leg or stamp his foot on the ground though. Something doesn't feel right to him- but it is not preventing him from being mobile any longer. I'm sure his leg will be back to running away from me by the end of the day.

6 comments:

Laney said...

maybe he had some sort of weird charly horse. btw- i sent the coupon to your email.

Anonymous said...

Grandma Carol....does he have a
sliver in his foot?

Unknown said...

That sliver idea is a good one. Glad he's doing better.

Rachael said...

so weird!! Glad that he's feeling better.

Amy and Craig said...

yeah were you looking for charlie again? on your own kid??? He must have pulled something, I guess. Taylor's thrown up once a day for the past 4 days. I took him to the dr yesterday to make sure it wasn't something I was overlooking and now he seems fine. He never ran a fever or had diarrhea or even stopped eating. Weird. ya gotta love having kids.

Andrew said...

Leisy, just read this post and I am sure that all is well with Zeb by now. Did the Pediatrician ever mention anything about something called Transient Synovitis? I only ask because it was the first thing that came to mind when i read your blog today. I just finished peds and there was an case assignment for students on Transient Synovitis. Ask Eric Dockter to look through his online "clipp cases" for a case about a kid who refused to walk. I just looked it up. TS is pretty benign and self limiting. It is also one of the most common reasons for kids to have hip pain and a limp. It usually lasts 3-10 days (again sorry for this late post, I am sure he is ok by now). There are no long term issues with it either. Now I am not a doctor, nor seen Zeb, but this is what it sounded like to me. Hope this helps.
Andrew