Monday, November 10, 2008

Daily I realize yet another naivety of first time parenthood. Today was no exception. Zeb and I were in the same room- I just happened to be distracted. I looked up to find this.

What a little rat, huh? I HATE suckers. They are sticky, obnoxious, and not even tasty. The Halloween candy is now up and out of his reach. No more suckers in this house. I really thought he didn't have it figured out yet. He doesn't usually even go for sweets when we offer- let alone rummage them up himself.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I want to see what Zeb would do when you say "ears" while he is double-fisting suckers! Too cute; I love the naughty little grin.

Linz said...

HAHAHA! Well, for me - I still get caught in those moments! Just the other day, we were having a game night with some friends and in walks Andrew, a cupcake in each hand and a HUGE smile on his face! Whoops...

Zeb is an angel!!

Michelle said...

Nothing cuter ... or stickier. ;) haha!

boysmum2 said...

If they want it, then they will find it. They are good at knowing exactly when you are distracted and when to get in to trouble! Welcome to parenting

Amy and Craig said...

I think they like to wait until you think it's safe and pull a new trick on you just to keep you on your toes. Especially when somebody's over and you've said, "oh, they never do.....". I think being a parent is a huge exercise in becoming humble.

Jason & Shannon said...

That is too funny! I love the picture!

Bri or Aaron said...

I hate suckers too! Easton did the exact same thing. He never finishes them and leaves them on the kitchen counter. I hate it!