Friday, November 21, 2008

What can I do with this kid?! During the hour that he used to sit in the stroller and run with me- he is now consigned to sitting in front of Thomas dvds while I run on the treadmill. He has also found his bink replacement. I'm not sure how the fuzzy blanket feels anything like a bink- but apparently it works for him. Really, he holds it in his mouth like this many times during the day.
The temperature is in the teens this morning- and the windchill puts it in the single digits- so it looks like outdoor runs are finished for awhile! What am I going to do with this rambunctious little tornado? We've got all sorts of activities like storytime at the library, playgroup, aerobics at the church, and others- but I'm still worried about him making me postal this winter! suggestions!?

5 comments:

Jennie said...

The toddler busy book. I think you can get it on Amazon for like $.89. I'm basically going to use it to survive a LOOONG winter trapped w/ a 2 years old and a baby cooped up in 800 sq feet. Good luck!

taylor and laney said...

you should buy him a little bike and tie it to the treadmill so he can ride it for hours on end.

Outlandish McCandlish said...

I say get Zeb some big leggos, a rug with a road/town print on it, and that should keep him busy till he's 7, with a few age appropriate additions when he gets older, like hotwheels roads and army men. He can even incorporate his trains into the town. My boys played for hours a day creating car chases and crash scequences

Amy and Craig said...

don't forget the awesome art museum!

Michelle said...

My kids always colored (still do) for hours. We certainly had more than our fair share of dollhouse. I've learned, though - that just letting 'em play creatively on their own is very beneficial. I still make my kids watch a show every day! :) haha.

It is FREEZING out there!! The weather has been so nice here. Winter is just around the corner, though.