Sunday, November 16, 2008

dang boy.









I have become a little obsessed with trying to get zeb some trains. It doesn't help that Zeb now can distinguish the "real" from the "fake". Luckily he'll pull the generic trains around as tender- but for the lead car he loves the real thing. I refuse to pay the astronomical prices asked by the evil Thomas and Train company- so I have resorted to Ebay and it is making me INSANE. All that I can think about is trains. I lay in bed at night thinking about them. I've got all these bids I'm watching and stressing about- trying to maintain my composure when I don't win! Or worse, when the "deal" I've been bidding on becomes higher than I'm willing to pay! I can't believe how much money people spend on these stupid trains. Luckily there is the occasional great deal and I'm on the hunt to find them. I've found one steal- and really I'm looking for just one more. I missed out on one by seconds this weekend. I almost cried. Grrrrrrr. So, if anybody knows of any great place for cheap trains- or train books- or train ANYthing, let me know! I've really got to stop getting on ebay- so hopefully this all comes to an end soon. I would only do this for the rugrat- I won't even drive myself this crazy for something that I want! This boy is spoiled. I do find solace knowing that other parents (cousins hailey and steve) resort to such measures to bring smiles to their children's faces :)

6 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

Hey Leisy's blog!

You can go to craigslist.com and search in your area for thomas the train.

The video of Zeb had both my husband and I laughing OUT LOUD. He is CUTE!!!

Kristen (steele)

Steve and Hailey said...

I had to read about your obsession after we chatted. I do totally relate. I still can't believe he can tell different brands! Thankfully Jack just loves trains in general right now. We'll keep our eyes open for you.

Thanks for talking tonight. Could you tell how much I needed to talk to someone (jabber...jabber)? That was even after I jabbered away at your family's home all night! Ha! If Kent stayed on the phone longer I would have talked his ear off too. Steve owes all of you!

Michelle said...

Which ones does he need? I know they're pricey - but, one from each aunt and a couple from grandma will add to his collection quickly! :) Christmas is just around the corner.

Amy and Craig said...

have you tried consignment shops, classified ads or craigslist?

Kent and Leisy said...

amy- I check them all out regularly. thomas is one popular toy. we have lucked out twice at yard sales- once with books and once with two real trains :)

Unknown said...

Do you have Marshall's out there? Sometimes they have random Thomas things...not necessarily trains but other stuff. Does he like the die cast ones (take along thomas)? You can get those at Walmart for like 5-7 bucks and I just saw lots online for 5.50 or so.