Friday, November 20, 2009

I have had the roughest past three weeks!  Very little in life stresses me out and I'm usually pretty relaxed about life in general.  Three weeks ago I scheduled my gall bladder removal surgery and I think it's made me a little anxious.  I've been on edge- less patient- and just a lot more tense. Thank heavens it's all coming to an end today!!  The worst part has been that because of being anxious I clench my teeth at night (and throughout the day)- and that makes my blasted jaw and head hurt like CRAZY all of the time.  Let's hope I can start sleeping unstressed again soon once this is over.

Kent already made it through his surgery rotation and participated in a few cholycysectomies- so I had him walk me through everything that was going to happen step by step.  I think he actually made me more nervous. Did you know they stick a tube in me and fill my abdominal cavity with gas?! and I didn't realize I was going to be intubated.  They tape me eyelids shut too. ew.  I got my tonsils out in first grade and I was fine. I still remember the nurse (as they were putting me under) telling me about her dog with super powers. They let me choose what flavor of gas I wanted.  I think I chose bubble gum.  I'll definitely be going with a different flavor if they ask me today- although for some reason I have the feeling I won't be getting a choice.  I still have my tonsils in a jar. I really should post a picture.  They already told me I canNOT keep my gall bladder or the stones. Lame-o.  They won't even let me see it.

So before I head off I thought I'd record a few of my "gratefuls" as of late.  They are small- and really just the parts of my life lately that have made me happy.

I am so grateful that Kent has been on the greatest rotation of ALL time and has had 9-5 hours the past two weeks!! no nights- no weekends- no long tiring days. He's been doing his peds clinic hours and we've both loved it. It's amazing how seeing Kent so much can make me so happy and so much less stressed.

I am so grateful for people who make me laugh and who let me vent and who look past my faults and crankiness and obnoxiousness (especially as of late!).

I'm also ever so grateful because "Thanksgibbing" (in zeb's words) is coming up in LESS THAN A WEEK!  One of my favorite things about holidays is the anticipation of that holiday.  I love getting all excited and prepared for big events. I've been spending the last little while just thinking about the best time ever with Laney, Taylor, henry, Amy, Craig, Taylor, Katie, Sophie, and the whole Starkey clan in Ashland, Ohio! I can't wait for the food, the laughs, the stories, and the shopping (which will be a post all on it's own tomorrow or sunday)!!  It makes me so happy to be able to spend holidays with family.

I am so grateful to have (the coolest) family members on this side of the country. 

And I'd be ever so grateful today if you could all send a few prayers my way at about noon. I'm sure that everything will go smoothly and problem free- I'm just a little anxious about it all.


So, if for some strange reason I don't make it- Thanks. I love you all :)  and kent knows all of my last requests.  I want a party instead of a funeral.  Give away all of my organs.

Oh- and I am so grateful for this kid's chubby cheeks and chin.

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers!! just think in a few hours this will be over!

dockters said...

we're thinking about you, too!

Unknown said...

EX-cuse me! I'm sorry but the "coolest" families are not on that side of the country. No Santa for you this year.

We'll have more fun and laughs and cool people in Boise for Thanksgiving anyway.

Love ya and by the time you read this it will all be over.

Pat and Brent said...

Ike has got to be one of the cutest kids on the planet! Hooray for the surgery being over and for you being in tip top shape. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Tanner Mills said...

dont die, i like you.

Kristen said...

i second aunt annie's comment about the coolest ones being in idaho and also tanners comment:)

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

Good luck, I am sure you will do wonderful.

Jason & Shannon said...

We like you too! Prayers are a'comin'!