Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nine months

I don't much like this picture of Zeb (I'm not sure why I posted it originally), but it's about the only nine month picture I have of him that was easily recreateable (not a real word, I know).

rugrat #1

rugrat #2Ike had his nine month check up yesterday and passed with flying colors. The kid is twenty pounds exactly. I don't remember zeb's measurements- but I do know he was in the fiftieth percentile- same as Ike.

Ike is moving around MUCH better than Zeb ever did. He's also A LOT easier. Zeb was so wiggly and squirmy and full of craziness. Last night we went out to dinner with friends and Ike just watched people from his carseat (and slept) for two full hours. Zeb would have been EVERYWHERE- and at nine months he NEVER would have slept in an environment that full of people and noise. Zeb at his current age is impossible at a restaurant! Which is why we left him at a friend's house.

Ike is calm and pleasant. He says "dad" but doesn't really even attempt many other sounds. As soon as he hears the front door open in the evenings he heads straight for it to look for Kent and then follows him around until Kent picks him up.

He loves to play steam roller around the front room with Zeb. I can't believe he doesn't scream and cry when Zeb rolls him and rams him against the furniture.

Ike is mellow and easy and perfect. I still forget about him sometimes. When he got his shot at the doctor yesterday- he didn't cry. Seriously. I know people say that and they are probably lying- but it's true with Ike. He didn't even care.

The only complaint I have about this kid is that he likes to be rocked to sleep. We don't have to do it- but it just makes the whole thing super fast and easy so we usually do. He's spoiled.

9 comments:

M- your favorite said...

I can't help but have a smile on my face when I read this. You have great kids. Super cute! I miss them!

Unknown said...

Their similarities are uncanny! Can't believe he is 9 months.

Jodee Luke said...

You seriously have the cutest kiddos! I hear ya on the whole rocking to sleep thing. G-bug was a GREAT sleeper and we would just plop him in there and not hear from him for like 12 hours and then 1 day he caught on and now wants to be held to sleep. We let him cry it out sometimes but it just makes it so much easier for all of us to just hold him. I'm sure once he is in high school and the kids make fun of him for it he'll probably stop;)

p.s. i can't believe he is 9 months!!!

Michelle said...

Ohhhhhh - this post makes me smile TOO! You guys have SUCH cute kiddos. I just love 'em so much!

Unknown said...

You should spoil Ike--he has earned it.

We ran into Scott and Janet Strong last night. Their son Kyle is in the Ohio mission. He is very near Toledo. Call him and invite him to dinner.

yaya said...

Yep, they sure look alike, but isn't it fun to see how different they really are coming from the same parents? Always amazes me. Enjoy the rocking thing, time goes fast and someday you'll wish you could rock them just one more time. ( I know, all us old people always say that!)

Lyndsay said...

I swear you're posting pictures of the same child.

Emily Frame said...

you make cookie cutter kids! i love it! it might take a few years for them not to look identical!

Pat and Brent said...

AHHHH- I wish I could rock Ike to sleep. He's such a sweetie! That is one thing I always loved to do; and why I love having the little ones over as often as possible.