Sunday, November 22, 2009

our night out and updates

The night before my surgery I really wanted to splurge and eat something delicious since I knew I wasn't going to be hungry for the next few days.  I am just barely starting to get an appetite back so I'm glad we got in a good meal last thursday.

 Ohio has a few strange restaurant chains (Bob Evans, the waffle house, Frisch's Big Boy,etc) that we've always thought were kind of mysterious. We've tried out some of them- but lately I'd been hearing A LOT about Max and Erma's.  They have really creepy mascots that walk in the local parades but usually hand out coupons.  We had gotten a few of those coupons and decided to try the place out.  My seminary students swore that their cookies were the best ever.  I'll be honest- they were really really really good.  And so was the food.  Even Zeb and Ike loved it all. kent got some burger called the Garbage burger.  It had EVERYTHING on it.  It made me want to puke- but he claims it was heavenly.



The past few days have been a bit of a blur- but I finally feel like things are getting back to normal.  I HATE pain meds so after the first few doses I switched to advil 800s and I feel so much better and less insane.  I still didn't make it to church today, though.  I didn't even miss church two days after having my rugrats- but this morning it just wasn't happening. I was so dizzy and uncomfortable still that I couldn't imagine three hours of church.
Plus, yesterday both of our little boys went to bed with fevers ?!?! but woke up perfectly feverless.  We decided to keep them home too because they weren't yet fever free for 24 hours. And since I shouldn't be picking them up- Kent stayed home to help out as well.  It was really good to just relax. Perhaps the boys having fevers the night before was part of heavenly father's plan to get me stay home from church.  I was totally planning on going had the kid been healthy but it turns out I really needed the rest.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Put Max and Erma's on places to visit when we're there. And when you're home again we'll take you to Emmett's and Ethel's.

Glad you stayed home yesterday.

And to what email address did you send the Santa wish list?

Cass said...

So now I'm thinking that you asked when my lesson would be so that you could intentionally miss it. :)
hope you are 100% soon.

Jenni said...

Robby had a fever last night... it was down by 8:30 this morning. Hopefully it doesn't come back....
Glad you are feeling better. I hate pain meds as well. I avoid taking them at all costs....

boysmum2 said...

It will take a small while to feel right, but glad you are doing well

yaya said...

I'm no doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express a few times and rest is the best thing to do for your body after surgery or babies too for that matter! There's no attendance awards given out during tithing settlement either. So get the rest you need and don't feel guilty! Get well soon kiddo.