Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where have we been?!

we've been having a non stop party for the past few days.  No time to blog. Only time for eating, shopping, and laughing.

Laney, taylor, and henry showed up tuesday evening- and late wednesday afternoon we made the short trek to Ashland. 

I love this picture.  Oh, the lucky men who married these crazy ladies.  What were they thinking?!  Being able to visit cousin Amy and her in-laws is one of the highlights to living in Ohio.



 Thanksgiving was absolutely amazing. I had been nauseous and and not eating since last friday (thanks to the surgery) but luckily it all wore off just in time for the holiday.  Thanksgiving dinner hasn't tasted that good in quite some time.



Here's Jack- the turkey carver.  He also did some chiropractic work on me Thanksgiving morning to help fix my tmj.  Thank you, jack!  I'm doing my home exercises!


and dessert was especially delightful. Just ask Amy.  I LOVE this ridiculous picture of her. 

And after dinner we got to celebrate our gratitude in an extra special way.  The boys pulled out their guns for a shoot off.  I got to try my hand at a handgun- a 45- and an AK-47.  I'd have to say the AK-47 was my favorite.  Just shot after shot tearing up the back lawn :)  Those starkeys sure know how to put on a good Thanksgiving. 

And apparently as soon as you put a gun in my hands- I put on a funny face. 




After all of the eating and shooting- we took a needed rest and then packed up to head home. Black Friday was on the horizon and my game plan started that night!

Thank you thank you thank you Starkeys for a wonderful holiday. 

2 comments:

Delaps said...

I hope Santa isn't bringing you any guns for Christmas. You do look a little frightening. Glad that you are feeling better.

yaya said...

We had a blast too! Thanks for coming and making the wonderful pre dinner snacks, Yummy! You guys are great!