Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I woke up this morning and found myself.  I was starting to worry that this surgery had permanently made me miserable.  Thankfully when Kent left for school/work this morning and woke me up at six-thirty to say goodbye, I realized I hadn't been tossing and turning all night trying to find a painless position and I hadn't woken up AT ALL to take any motrin.  Plus, I didn't even feel like throwing up.

For some ridiculous reason I had decided that recovery was going to be a breeze.  I can have babies with perfect recoveries- so why not a cholecystectomy? those stones were waaaay smaller than Zeb and Ike, right?  Apparently size has nothing to do with it.  The past three days have been hell.

We still took it pretty easy today and stayed home-  but only to save up energy for Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

Poor little Zeb has been really confused about it all, though.  Today he kept asking to go to "meijer" and "malmart",  We see his friends or go shopping or at least go out somewhere every single day- but he's been cooped up in here since saturday.  He just wants friends or social interaction of some sort. Good thing Laney, Taylor, and Henry will be here any minute!!!!!!



And- of course- the very moment I start feeling better, Ike gets all snotty and coughy on us.  Lucky for him, we've got choo choo soul.  Both of my boys LOVE LOVE LOVE this show.  We got the dvd/cd pack from the library and it's been the music of choice around here lately.  It's not even all that bad. I'd highly recommend it.

I think that Ike has a crush on Genevieve.  He's tapping his legs to the beat in this picture.



And here's the monster entering the phase that I hate MOST.  emptying every shelf of every item ALL DAY LONG.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ike is super cute.

Black Friday makes me so anxious ... and yet, I participate every year. The anxiety isn't too bad when I don't really need anything ... but, the years that I plan on getting something in particular ... well, there's really no point in going to bed the night before. Anxiety.

Marissa loooooooves it all though ... and it can be crazy fun. :)

Good luck gettin' your goods!

boysmum2 said...

Glad you are feeling much better

Linz said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better!! Have a great Thanksgiving and black Friday!

Cynthia said...

Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better! Have fun with your family!

M- your favorite said...

BLACK FRIDAY Here we come! I am really excited to go this year because I don't really need anything- I just get to go and help Michelle and Kristy get the things they need.

I am sorry that you have not been feeling well. I am glad to hear that you are feeling some what better. I hope you guys have a grea thanksgiving! We will miss you guys!