Monday, November 9, 2009

what a good good sunday.

I'd forgotten how nice it is to have just one kid. Yesterday after church and lunch, Ike zonked for three good hours. As soon as he woke up- around four- Zeb zonked and didn't wake up until THIS MORNING at 7:30! Here he is just moments after he came down the hall. He's still in his church clothes because he literally fell asleep sitting up on the floor yesterday. We tried to wake him up since we figured a four thirty nap would spell disaster later that night- but apparently he was EXHAUSTED beyond belief. He even slept through my raucous seminary kids this morning.Really- we only had one kid to deal with most of the day- and it was heavenly. Ike was just his normal easy self and Kent and I could simply RELAX.
Plus- to make matters even nearer to perfect- I went out with the missionaries for the afternoon and Kent made dinner.
I had been craving Plov all day. I have NO idea why. Plov is an Armenian/Uzbekistani rice dish that I ate in Russia a lot. Kent found a plethora of recipes and ideas online and ending up making some of the most delicious plov I'd ever tasted. This picture is basically what it looked like MINUS the ginormous garlic (eww) and plus a few other veggies. It will definitely be a new Sunday staple. I'll make Kent post the recipe later tonight. It's pretty darn easy to make and really so so good to eat. Just click on the picture and your mouth will start watering.

2 comments:

Linz said...

Aren't those days nice?! Poor Zeb was tired! And it worked out well for everyone! ;)

dockters said...

That is unreal that he slept that long!! How nice!