Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 weeks!

Here's a pic of our little rugrat with his eyes open. he's finally starting to be awake for longer than a few minutes at a time! I think that he's going to be brown eyed like his big brother- but we'll have to wait and see. I think he's starting to look a little more like his cousin hank.

This baby thing is soooooooooooo much easier the second time around! We've lucked out with a good baby- but I think I'm a lot less anxious than with Zeb. I also feel a lot better this time around too. I weigh significantly less and I've already started back into my workout routine- so I'm a lot happier and healthier.

The one stress with this little guy has been his weight gain. With him not pooing (he went another three day stretch this weekend but pooed once yesterday AND today) and me nursing I was so stressed out that he wasn't eating enough. I convinced Kent to come with me yesterday to the post office to weigh our little guy :) You can go after hours when nobody is around and use the package scale! I forgot my camera or I would have had a great picture to post. The kid is still a little pigmy- but he's gaining weight steadily. Friday at his doctor's appt he was 6'13" but last night he was 7'1". Hip hip hooray- I'm not starving him. He still hasn't reached birth weight- but he's almost there (and starting to poo more regularly).

9 comments:

SDL said...

I think that poor little guy is missing his home in your uterus.

M- your favorite said...

That is so cute! I am so glad that he is pooing and gaining weight! Good job guys! I am glad that he is easy, I think for a 2nd child they need to be easier then the first! :)

Linz said...

He is so cute!!!! And YAY!! to weight gain (cleaver thinking - the mail scale!! Brilliant!)

HowellAZ said...

Howdy Cousin&Husband! I think the nearest I would be stationed in Ohio if I get a pilot slot out there is Columbus. How do you guys like Toledo? That's the town that Klinger on MASH was always talking about right? I'm new to the Blogosphere otherwise I would have congratulated you guys sooner on your bebe! But, Congrats now!

Erin said...

So that is what a tiny baby looks like. Mine are that tiny when I'm about 4 mos. pregnant.

Breanne said...

My kids were NEVER back to birth weight by their 2 week appointment. But by 2 months they were getting chunky. I'm sure he's fine, just trying to get the hang of life.

The Ziemers said...

You know you were given such a good little guy so that you will have more babies in the future. What a blessing a good baby is! How funny to weigh him at the post office! I never would have thought of that. Feel free to come weigh him at our house. You can weigh him on our Wii Fit.

Michelle said...

I really think he looks like Hank, too!

Kari Ann said...

Congrats on the new little one! He looks like Zeb!