Monday, February 2, 2009

We're off to bed with no exciting news. My mum and dad arrive tomorrow and then we are set to go. I'd love to have this rugrat come tomorrow because it's the 3rd- and I want my kids to have odd day birthdays. The fourth also works though because my OB is on call in the hospital and would deliver (instead of another from the same practice). From here on out I am happy no matter what happens- as long as I get the epidural.
It kinda freaks me out that I have to get this baby out though. I've got the pre-labor jitters. It's like the whole ship in the bottle thing- only I'm not so worried about how the baby got in (obviously we know the answer to that)- but more so how we get it out. If I have to push for 2.5 hours again- I'll freak. Laney did give me some pointers about how to get around that- just pretend you're pushing and don't really. Apparently the baby makes progress and will eventually come out anyway.
Let's just hope this one is a little cuter than Zeb was at first. Kent found this picture earlier this week while going over some old cds. Maybe it's just a bad picture- but I don't think so. These newborns look a little creepy for awhile.

11 comments:

Katy said...

Hope the pushing goes much smoother for you! Just think that you really have to go to the bathroom, I know, gross, but it worked for me. 3 pushes on all 3 babies. Just an idea! Good luck!

boysmum2 said...

I found the 2nd one easier than the first. I knew what was happening so felt more in control. I actually enjoyed my 2nd delivery and would have done it a 3rd tiem if allowed to.
Good luck, thinking of you every day

Linz said...

My second delivery was WAY better than the first. Good luck!!

Molly said...

good to know about the pushing. Thanks for sharing.

Rachael said...

Hey - here's a random tip that I hear from someone in my ward. They realized that her baby was posterior (face up) and not descending. Her nurse had her "labor down" by getting over on her tummy, propped with LOTS of pillows. (Or you can do hands and knees, but that's not as comfortable.) She said it was magic. The baby flipped and started down the birth canal within an hour. Would've saved me HOURS of pain with Carver if I'd know that one. So I feel it my responsibility to pass it along to everyone I know. :) Good luck!! I'm all for fake pushing if it comes to that!

Laney said...

that picture of zeb is nasty. and yeah, dont push all that much. if women delivered babies back in the day while they were passed out, then obviously pushing isn't that important. And people told me to push like I was pooping, but when I pushed from the top of my abs I seemed to make more progress.

Cynthia said...

Wow I can't believe that is a picture of Zeb. I wonder if that was before you moved out because I don't remember him looking like that. He is 10x cuter now!! Good luck tomorrow!

The Ziemers said...

I think Zeb was always cute, even in that picture! Good luck tomorrow.

The Ziemers said...

I think Zeb was always cute, even in that picture! Good luck tomorrow.

Breanne said...

I hear from Laney that the baby is on it's way! I hope everything goes well!! I can't wait to hear about it :)

Amy and Craig said...

That's funny about the odd number b-day thing. I want all mine to have even numbers and they all do! that pic really doesn't resemble zeb. baby pix are always different than the real thing.