Saturday, February 7, 2009

ike's arrival-part 3 (the end-finally)

My night in the hospital was pleasant and very beneficial. The nursery took Ike all night and I got a good seven straight hours of sleep. I knew that it would be my last for quite some time so I decided to take full advantage. Kent was going to spend the night with me- but they weren't sure if' they'd need the other bed in my room so he stayed until eleven and then went home. It was sooooo great to have my parents here so that they could watch Zeb that night and the next full day.

Going home from the hospital is always so strange to me. We went in as three and came out as four. Luckily it was not nearly as scary this time as with Zeb.













I canNOT believe that we've already been home three days! and I canNOT believe that I am a mother of two little boys. So so weird. As you can tell from this picture poor little Zebby is still having some rough times. He really really likes Ike- he's just feeling a little overwhelmed with everything right now.

10 comments:

tiffany said...

oh such a cute family of four

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Oh I love your stories!! I could listen/read from you all day! I love that you didn't know what you were having.... how exciting! And I love the name Ike. I can't believe you lied about pushing!!!...I'm like the other crazy April posting on your blog... Au naturale.... baby! All the way!

dockters said...

I love that pic of you with your baby boys.

Kimberly said...

That is such a sweet pic of you and your boys. Congrats again on the new addition to your family!=)

Katy said...

Poor Zeb! It really is hard to go through all the adjustments. What a cutie!

Pat and Brent said...

Zeb will be a wonderful big brother. He's so smart and fun loving. Hope you get the rest you need.

heidi said...

Aw, poor Zeb. The first month of Luke's life was BY FAR the hardest time in my life. Mia DID NOT like him. She was insanely jealous. And I was mean to her for the first time (she liked screaming in his face while he slept and tried to rip him out of my arms while I was nursing). I get teary eyed just thinking about it. It was rough. On a brighter side, every month got easier.

Sounds like Zeb is doing better than her though - liking Ike is a good start! Take care.

Michelle said...

Ike is so WAY cute! His little face is just perfect. I'm glad you've been able to have your parents there to help out. Help makes things seem possible. Siblings aren't put together by accident ... I really, truly believe that brothers and sisters are put together for a reason. They will be there for each other their whole lives. Cute lil' brothers.

The Jackson Family said...

I can' get over how cute that little Ike is! I want to hold him so dang bad!!!! I'm feeling for poor little Zeb-I'm sure he'll get adjusted in no time!

mrs. m said...

They'll be best friend when the baby gets a little older.