Monday, February 23, 2009

back to the real life updates

The novelty of having a new baby has worn off and we have readjusted. We are now back to normal life. He'll be three weeks tomorrow and I think that he is FINALLY back up to birth weight- although he is back to a long non pooing stretch. This kid is obsessed with falling asleep on kent's chest- and kent couldn't be happier about it- it's one of his favorite things about newborns.

I took my first run this past weekend and it felt fabulous! I can't wait till the weather improves and I can get back to my park with the kiddos in a stroller instead of being on the treadmill. I think Zeb really misses the park and Ike is bound to love it as much as we do :)

We also started up seminary this morning again. It went fabulously. I think I've been blessed with a good baby so that I can continue to teach seminary- which is a great deal in my opinion. I'll get up at 5:45 every morning for a happy sleeping nonfussy baby. The kid only woke up ONCE last night!- although I still am pretty tired today.
I really missed my seminary kids and loved having them back. They are such good good teenagers and I can only hope my children are this dedicated and positive about early morning seminary (because we are bound to live somewhere without release time).

I'm also finally getting back to reading some good books. I just finished "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio"- our book for book club this week. I LOVED it and think that it is a definite must read for anybody. It's one of my favorites that I've read in quite awhile. It didn't hurt that Defiance is close by and they talk about Toledo in it! but really- it's GREAT. In 2005 it was made into a movie as well- I can't wait to see it.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That picture of Ike is so cute. I just love it!

Laney said...

way good book. i didn't realize there was a movie.

The Ziemers said...

I love that picture of Ike. He looks so content. I am only halfway done with the movie, but am planning to come to book club anyway. I'm glad you have adjusted and everything is going great for you!

Linz said...

Love that picture! I am so glad that he is such a good baby! That helps so much! Can't wait to read that book!

LauraJ said...

I didn't realize there was a movie either - we read it for book club a while back too...

I just saw this and thought of you since I have seen your posts about free stuff - www.millionsubs.com
A free quiznos sub if you act fast, it appears legit but I make no promises :)

M- your favorite said...

I LOVE the picture! That is so SWEET! What a good baby!

Pat and Brent said...

He is so precious; it's wonderful to have a sweet contented baby. You guys deserve him. Can't wait to hold him and Zeb and to see you.