Monday, February 9, 2009

Today was a great great day. For some miraculous reason Ike decided to sleep a four hour stretch and then a five hour stretch last night! That- coupled with the fact that the entire fam went to bed at eight- meant I got over eight hours of sleep. I can only hope that little Ike keeps it up!
We went on our first outing as a threesome today and it was very successful. It tired Ike out (as pictured) and zeb was so good. We went to storytime at the library. Besides the fact that he pulled a huge shelf of dvds onto the floor- he was an angel :) He really does love having Ike around and now that our house is empty again he isn't trying to get so much negative attention. He also took almost a three and a half hour nap. Surprisingly that three hours went by a lot faster now that I've got another rugrat to feed and take care of.

Ike also experienced his first bath this evening. The kid pooed twelve times in his first few days of life- but now hasn't pooped in two days. We gave him a bath to try and stimulate his bowels. The kid is gassy gassy gassy (must take after his auntie laney) but still as happy as ever. Let's hope for poo tonight!

10 comments:

Katy said...

I love the first bath. It is so nice and they love to float in the warm water! What fun!

Rachael said...

So I played catch up and loved hearing the rest of your story. I had to smile, though, because you TOTALLY coulda had Ike natural. In fact, if you'd pushed instead of waited for the epidural, you might have even had FEWER contractions!! :) But in the end, the whole problem is that you don't KNOW what's coming. It could be 5 minutes, it could be 2 hours. And who wants to take that kind of chance? I did and it was STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. Carver took FOREVER to be born and it hurt like nothing else EVER. I'm so glad that you got your epidural. What a crazy hospital!!

I love the pictures of you with your boys. So sweet. You're a great mom and have such cute little rugrats. I love that bath picture, too. I hope Ike poops for you soon!

Stephanie said...

Leisy - congratulations on another beautiful boy! It's been a long time, but I love checking up on your blog. Good luck with getting some rest!

Kent and Leisy said...

Rachael- you are so right! it was not knowing what was to come that scared me so bad. mentally I was prepared for the epidural- so really there was no other option in my mind! WAY TO GO WITH CARVER!!

Laney said...

Poor ike. Maybe you should feed him whole-wheat pasta and fiber one bars, thats what I eat to stay regular. Tell him I feel his pain.

The Ziemers said...

Ike is so Cute! Thanks for letting me look at him when I came over yesterday. I LOVE babies! I'm glad things are going well.

Leslie said...

Congratulations on another cute boy, guys! I love the picture of you holding Ike and kissing Zeb, Leisy. It will be so fun for them to grow up so close in age.

heidi said...

Luke went 14 days without pooping once! His usual stretch was about a week. Nice for me. :)

Michelle said...

Oh ... I am LOVING the pictures. Ike is so SO SO cute.

Prayin' for POOP!!! :)

Breanne said...

That picture of Zeb looking at Ike on the couch just makes Ike look so tiny and Zeb look so big!!
Did Zeb just seem to grow 2 feet when Ike was born?? I swear, Xander looked so big to me after Mara was born.